So That's What Friends Are

(Wreckage POV)

Qrow came downstairs. "Dinner's as good as done and the others are back. You should come up and meet them."

"Fine. I'm tired of this any way. Did you... fill them in about me?"

"Yep. They know everything. Come on, you'll like them. Although, you never bothered to introduce yourself. Never said where you're from. What you semblance is. Why you're here."

"Gotta keep some things close to my chest. But fine. I'll tell you guys everything, I guess. But, I want everything. I want to know who everyone I'm sharing a house with is."

"Fine. Now hurry up. Nora's gonna eat everything if we don't go up soon." Qrow turned on his heel and walked up.

I still don't know how to feel about this place. I wanted to come home, but I didn't need to meet anyone. I need to get my name out as a mercenary, because I could use the money. Just need to make up another alias.

I took off my helmet and walked upstairs. There were so. Many. People. After working on my own for profit with only Scavenger and a small group of mercs, I'm not exactly social. There were eleven other people including Qrow and Oscar. Twelve if you count me. Qrow and three others were in the kitchen finishing dinner and the other seven including Oscar and Blake were sitting in the living room. I recognized a few people like Qrow and Oscar, and even Blake. Everyone dropped their weapons at the door. I couldn't help but admire the beautiful pieces of destruction. Each so different. I just stood in front of the seating area awkwardly.

"Well... aren't you gonna say something?" The blonde girl with the robotic arm asked.

"I thought Qrow filled you in," I replied.

"He did, but he left some things out, like your name and where you are from," the guy with a pink streak in his hair said.

"And what your semblance is," Blake reminded.

"What the hell's a semblance?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, it's basically a super power. Something that's unique to you," the boy with blonde hair said. "Oh, wait. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Jaune. Jaune Arc."

Everyone introduced themselves to me. There were still people in the kitchen that I didn't know.

"Dinner's ready!" The girl wearing a red cape called from the kitchen. She later introduced herself as Ruby Rose. The other people in the kitchen introduced themselves to me at the table. We all sat down. Qrow and Oscar stood while they ate.

I broke the silence. "So, since Qrow filled you in, I don't have much to say. I don't have much to explain either. My name is Milo Hunter, but my employers know me by my codename: Wreckage. I was born in Atlas and taken to the Frontier. You know what happened next. I'm here to learn about this place, pick up the pieces my parents left behind, and to find work." I focused on the food in front of me as everyone else ate in silence.

Ilia broke the next silence. "You said you were here for work. What kind of work?"

"Well, it's better if I tell you guys than for you guys to find out yourselves. I'm a mercenary. A job is a job, and if the pay is good, the job is done. I've never failed a mission. I've taken missions from less than reputable people and I've done things I'm not exactly proud of. But I've made a name for myself in the frontier." I sighed. "Anyway, you guys mentioned semblances. What are yours? I just want to see the range of semblances there are so I know what I'm working with in terms of finding my own."

"Well, I can take in blows and release them back twice as hard, Ruby can burst into rose petals and move really fast, Weiss can summon creatures she's defeated in battle and create glyphs, Blake can create shadow copies of herself..." Yang started.

"Lightning makes me stronger, Ren can dull emotions, Jaune can use his Aura to amplify someone else's..." Nora continued.

"I can create spectral clones of myself that I can control," Sun said.

"What about you guys?" I asked Oscar and Ilia.

"I, uh," Ilia started.

"Ilia and Oscar are like you. They haven't found their semblances yet, but we all know they will," Ruby said calmly. Ilia and Oscar smiled.

"I hate to break up the party," Qrow interrupted, "But we're leaving for Atlas tomorrow. We need to get the Relic there, and fast."

"How fast do you need it to be there?" I inquired.

"As fast as we can get there."

"So, a few hours?"

"How do you plan to get us there in a few hours?"

"We can take my ship. I can get us there fast."

"Where is it?"

"It's outside of the forest by Haven. Or, I could get Scavenger to fly it here."

"Great. We'll drop the Relic off with the Atlas Personnel and then I'll need you to fly us to Vale."

"If I can find work there, I'll take you, Qrow." I said.

"I know some shady clubs that'll hire you for anything. And if you're gonna live here, you're gonna need to look the part. There're some shops that'll sell you armor and clothes more in line with traditional huntsmen dress," Yang said.

"Great. I'll go tomorrow and then take you guys to Atlas and Vale."