Chapter eleven

Moving on and moving out

Bella had her hair wrapped in a bun with sunglasses perched in front, winter may have been coming but she'd revel in the autumn sun for as long as she could

She had her tattoo hidden like she always did as she finally came back into school the following week, ignoring all of the curious looks from people who thought they knew her secret.

She found the boys huddled in a crevice of the hallway, panic ripping through the air as if to signal where they were.

"Had any music lessons recently Arch?" Bella chuckled as she slipped into the small group, a wide smirk on her lips. His lips parted slightly as his gaze snapped back and forth between the two, annoyance evident on his skin.

"You told her?" He quietly yelled to the boy in the beanie, eyes wide. Jughead held his hands up in defence, just as Bella stepped in front of him.

"It wasn't that difficult to figure out Archie, I'm suprised I didn't figure it out sooner." Bella defended the beanie boy, the air still thickening with tension.

She turned slightly to look at what jughead was holding, taking a few from his hands. It was quiet for a minute before she nodded slightly, and diverted her attention back to the red head.

"Your secrets safe with me, tintin. I always knew you were a teachers pet." Before he could respond the girl was off once again, slipping down the hallway and plastering the walls with flyers.

*****

"Who or what is a Southside Serpent?" Veronica Lodge asked Kevin Keller as Bella strolled into the common room. The brunette pulled her top down slightly to hide the tattoo and fell onto the sofa next to one of her old friends she had yet to probably acquaint again with.

"They're this gang of bikers who pretty much stay on the south side of town. And Thank God, because they're sort of dangerous." Kevin explained, smiling slightly as a silent hello to his old friend. Bella chewed her cheeks slightly at the comments made, squinting her eyes at the boy as he carried on.

"Drug dealers and petty thieves." He pressed further.

"They're not drug dealers." Bella piped up, her voice definite as she interrupted.

"Even so, what was my mum doing with one of them?" Veronica questioned, lost in deep thought. Kevin jabbed his friend in the side and sent her a questioning look. Bella smiled awkwardly in response, subconsciously pulling her top down to busy her hands.

"How would you know they weren't-" Kevin whispered, eyebrows furrowed. But Bella quickly cut him off turning to the raven haired girl she had yet to decide if she liked or not.

"Did you have a picture, what did the serpent look like?" Bella asked, dragging the girl from the train of thought and disregarding the others comment completely.

"Cheryl had a picture, I don't know. Dark hair, scruffy stubble and just altogether a completely sketchy man." Veronica said curiously, watching as the brunette leapt from her seat and made some excuse to leave.

Veronica turned to Kevin in questioning, arms folded and a confused look splashed against her skin.

"Don't ask. You'll never get the right answer."

******

Bella dragged her hand down her face and sighed as she knocked against the trailer door. FP answered with furrowed brows, peering down at the brunette with a questioning look.

"Are you going to tell me why you were questioning Hermione Lodge of all people outside Pops?" Bella asked, narrowing her eyes toward the man who was basically her surrogate father. He sighed as he opened the door wider, allowing her to come in.

"Wheres Jug?" Bella queried as she stepped into the filthy house, noticing all the empty bottles cascaded through the room.

"I don't know." Is all FP could reply, kicking some glass out of the way as he fell back into the moulder sofa. Bella turned in confusion, disregarding the dirt for a moment.

"How do you not know?" She all but yelled, forgetting for a moment about why she came.

"Because I dont care, Bella. He's a big boy he can handle himself." Bella scoffed at his comment and went marching to the boys room, slamming the door open only to see an untouched space.

"Jessebelle!" FP shouted, following her steps and stopping just metres away from her.

"You've got to be kidding me." Bella muttered, looking around the vacated space in shock. FP stood silently watching her soak in a reaction.

"Where's he staying?" She broke the silence with a question that had no answer. FP rolled his eyes as he stood by the threshold, barely keeping eye contact with the petite serpent.

"I thought you came here to talk about the Lodges?" He tried to divert the topic, scratching at his stubble dotted dirtily on his skin.

"Screw the Lodges, FP. Your sixteen year old son has left!" Bella spat, dropping to the floor and digging underneath the bed. There was one box she knew Jughead would need but be too stubborn to get. A small white box, filled with little significant things he couldn't dream of losing.

FP furrowed his eyebrows as the girl rose without a word and made her way to the doorway. She stopped for a moment, glancing back at the probably drunk man.

"Have you forgotten the first law FP? No serpent stands alone, so why is jughead?"

•••

3k!

Thank you for reading