Chapter Eight: Yet, Another Party

Chapter 8:

                                                                                                Yet, Another Party

“Ok so I’ll see you in a few minutes.”

“Alright, bye. “

I got off of the phone with Claire and put my phone in my purse. I sat down on my bed and put on my shoes before standing back up. I looked at my outfit in my full length mirror.

I had on a white tank top, with a navy blue blazer and some dark jeans and some black platform lace up ankle boots. My hair was brushed down and in crinkles from having it braided all day.

Me, Claire and Raven were going to this party that this guy Luke was having. Luke Haven as our star basketball player at the school and Tyler’s best friends. Both of them being seniors. So you can bet he was going to be there.

I had looked around at my room and saw that half of it had been packed up. I still haven’t spoken a word to my mother. I was just that mad at her. She hasn’t apologized either. And I didn’t expect her to, but she could have.

I heard the door open and close and the sound of my mother’s clacking heels. This was a first that she was home before nine fifteen. And when I say nine fifteen, I mean on the dot. Never a second later.

I heard the sound of Claire’s loud and annoying horn and turned off my bedroom light and walked out, closing the door behind me. I walked down the stairs and saw my mother coming out of the kitchen with something in that mug of hers.

She shared a glance with me before walking over to the couch. She took a seat and slowly sipped on whatever she had in the mug and she just sat in the silence. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair and grabbed my keys off of the counter.

“I’m going out and I’ll probably be back in around one. Have a goodnight.” I told her even though she probably didn’t care. She was giving me the same treatment I was giving her and I could deal with that. But she’s the mother, she should be the bigger person. But I guess the tables have been switched around here lately. But when she didn’t say anything back, I proceeded to the front door.

I walked to Claire’s car and got in the back seat. I smiled at Raven and Claire and said, “Let’s go.”

__________________________________________________________________________

That Guy: Meet me upstairs at the end of the hall. Last door on the right.

Tyler had texted me after I had been at the party for an hour. I had seen him once down stairs on the dance floor, dancing like he was the drunkest guy ever. And I couldn’t help but laugh. And take a picture or two. And maybe even recorded him too. This guy had no rhythm whatsoever. And I was going to hold this against him for a while.

After telling Raven that I was going to sit up stairs for a bit because of the atmosphere down there, I made my way up the stairs. I mean it wasn’t a complete lie. My head was starting to hurt after smelling all of the alcohol. I would never drink again. Not after that horrible hang over I had.

I reached the top of the stairs and looked down the hall and saw the room that Tyler was in. The door was slightly cracked and once again, there was a different song playing from the one playing down stairs. It was 2012 by Chris Brown and I shook my head at his choice of music, but walked down the hall anyways. When I got to the door, I don’t why, but I knocked and then slowly entered the room.