Chapter Seven: My Own Mother

Chapter Seven:

                                                                                                               My Own Mother

"You're going to stay with someone else." 

"What do you mean I'm moving? Why aren't you moving too?" I said looking at her like she was crazy.

"You're going to stay with Tyla for a few months." She said moving further back into the closet.

"Why am I

"Tyla says she a moving moving lready has a room for you just like this one. Except for the walls are white with black and purple polka dots. I don't know where they get there ideas from-"

"Mom! Stop beating around the bush, and tell me why I'm moving and you're not!" I yelled and she stopped folding clothes. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Your father is coming back in town..and, the last thing I need is for him trying to hurt you." She said and I just stood there, looking at her with a dumbfounded expression on my face.

I couldn't believe this woman was my mother. I've been alive for sixteen years and my father doesn't know about me. She hasn't even tried to tell him about me and it hurts. This is part of the reason why we barely talked to each other. Because she did things like this.

"So, what do I have to leave for? I'd rather have my feelings hurt of him rejecting me as a daughter than having to move out of my own home. What is he staying here for good this time or something?" She didn't answer that question. So I knew the answer to that.

"You know what? That's fine. You can keep telling him I don't exist mama. I don't care. Just give me the deadline and I'll be gone." I said and walked out of the room.

"Skylar baby, it's not like that."

"Mom, I'm getting ready to turn sixteen! And my father doesn't even know I exist and I've been alive for sixteen years mom. You're going to keep me a secret from my own father so you don't have to get rejected and you can keep getting your money. If that's more important then letting your so called husband know that he has a sixteen year old daughter, then that is perfectly fine. I'll just go live with Tyla. She's been a better mom to me than you'll ever be." I said and continued to walk down the hallway.

"Skylar!"

"Get out of my room mom!" I yelled back to her and kept walking.

______________________________________________________________________________

The next day I woke up to the sun shining in my face. I looked around at the boxes that were in my room and sighed. I sat up in my bed and swung my feet over to the floor. I hesitated to get up but I did.

I went over to the bathroom and stripped out of my clothes. I turned the shower on the and fixed the water so the temperature was just right. I don't know how long I stood in there, but I got out soon because I knew I had to go to school.

When I got out, I finished my morning routine and went back to my room. I headed to my closet and picked out my outfit for the day which consisted of a white tank top with the picture of a Beach on it, with some blue jeans and a tribal chiffon cardigan and some sandals. I put my hair in a French braid and put on some eye liner, mascara, and some lip gloss. After making sure I looked OK, I walked out of my room and down the stairs.