Chapter 11: Sky Battle and Misunderstandings

Before anything else though, I explained to Y/N what had happened and that the Gate of Souls had all been opened. We all agreed to split up to close all three gates faster. I got to go with Y/N, which I was glad off, Impa went with Sheik, and Lana said that she could handle the last gate on her own. We returned to the location where the three portals were located that lead to the different regions that held each gate. Y/N and I, as did our group of soldiers, stepped through one of them, appearing in a large island floating in the sky known as Skyloft. It was a sight to behold, however, it didn't last long as we noticed that the place was overrun with monsters lead by the Dragon Knight Volga and the Demon Lord, Ghirahim.

While there, we had found Fi, a spirit of the Goddess Sword, resting in a temple. She stated that she wanted to accompany us on our mission, and we were glad to accept her. We had also met Levias, a great sky spirit, who agreed to help us defeat our enemies. I should have Y/N to thank for that since Levias recognized her as a spirit as well. We all fought hard to defeat our enemies, but Ghirahim fled to the gate midway through the battle and Volga only seemed to get stronger. Proxi told us to call upon the Great Fairy to give Levias a boost in power, which I did. The sky spirit soon began to shoot many lightning bolts down at the monsters, including Volga, which weakened him. Not too long later, Volga went down, and with Y/N helping me, it was easier.

Once most of the monsters were either destroyed or they fled, we headed towards the Sealed Grounds and to the gate, fighting any monsters that got in our way. Once we reached the gate room, Ghirahim was already there waiting for us."Oh look, the 'hero' has arrived." Ghirahim states sarcastically.
"Get ready to meet your doom, demon." I state, holding up my sword.
"It took you long enough to get here. Was your girlfriend slowing you down?" He motions to Y/N, which made me blush brightly.
"Oh, you're face is redder than a tomato!" Ghirahim bursts out laughing, making me growl in anger.
"She's not my girlfriend..." I mumble, hoping Y/N wouldn't see me blush.
"She's not?" Proxi asks, and I send her a small glare. Before Ghirahim could continue his laughter, he got hit by one of Y/N's vines, sending him into the wall. He growls angrily as he stands back up, summoning his rapier, flying towards Y/N quickly and attacking her. Not having any time to react, Y/N gets cut with the rapier, but luckily manages to get through with just a cut on her arm.
"Y/N!?" I call to her, worried before glaring at Ghirahim. "You'll pay for hurting her!"
The battle commences. With both Y/N and Fi's help, we were able to defeat Ghirahim and sent him into the gate before sealing it. Once the fight was over, I run over towards Y/N.
"Are you alright?"
"Yeah, I think so." She looked down at her arm, which still had the cut from earlier. I put my sword and shield away before taking out a spare bandage that I had, trying to wrap it around Y/N's arm, but she inched backward slightly, which didn't surprise me. I sigh.
"Don't worry, I won't touch you." I tell her with a smile. Hesitantly, Y/N holds out her arm towards me, and I wrap the bandage around her wound, careful to not physically touch her. This got me thinking though. What if someone accidentally, or purposely, touches Y/N? Then I'll lose her... forever... I finish bandaging her arm and sit back, looking down at the ground.
"Y/N... I don't want to lose you..." I mumble, feeling the heat grow on my face. Y/N frowns slightly, knowing what I meant by that, before smiling. She took off her mask and placed it on my face. I look at her, confused.
"Y/N? What are you-" I get cut off when Y/N kisses the side of my face, or I suppose, the side of her mask, but it was over my cheek, causing my face to turn bright red. Luckily, it was hidden behind the mask, so Y/N couldn't see my red face. She pulled back and smiled.
"You won't." She giggled slightly.