Chapter 10: Joyful Reunion

I accepted the role, though I did not believe myself to be worthy of the honor. Even now, I still believe that I don't fully deserve this title as "Hero of Legend." After that first attack, things didn't appear to get much easier. More and more enemies came our way. Impa, the other soldiers, and I had managed to fight them off, but it kept getting harder with each battle. We had encountered Sheik, a member of the Sheikah tribe, and Lana, a sorceress, along the way, and they have helped us along. Yet, despite their help, we were still unable to find Princess Zelda. We also found out who our main enemy is. Cia, the dark sorceress. She stole the Triforce of Courage from me and the Triforce of Wisdom from Sheik. We ended up fleeing, going back to our mission of finding the princess. I suppose that it might be just a coincidence that we ran into you on the way, but I feel like it had more to do with fate.

We were surrounded by Bulblins from all sides. The remaining soldiers had went back to Hyrule Castle to fend off the enemies there, so it was just Impa, Lana, Sheik, and I left here. Lana was using her magic to fend them off, Sheik was using her harp, and Impa and I were using our swords. They just kept coming out of nowhere. Cia must've kept summoning them, hoping they would slow us down, and, unfortunately, it was working.

"Darn it, there's too many of them!" Impa stated, slashing another Bulblin down. I blocked an attack from one, taking notice of my surroundings. Once I did, I noticed that we were near my summer home. Near the spirits' forest. Near Y/N..."Quick, follow me!" I called to the others, running towards the forest. Confused, they shrugged and followed after me, not really having any other choice. We reached the forest not too long later, the Bulblins hot on our trail."Link, what's this plan of yours coming to the forest?" Sheik asked, keeping the enemies as far away from us as she could."It's complicated, but I have a friend who might be able to help us." I state. "Keep fighting them off, I need to go find her." I run off into the woods, hearing the others calling out to me before focusing back on fighting."Y/N!" I call out, looking around the forest. I got no answer. "Y/N, I know you're here! Please come out, I need your help!" Again, I only got silence in response. I began to panic slightly, worried about Y/N. What if she got attacked and captured already?"Link, look out!" I heard Lana's voice call to me, causing me to turn around. While in thought, I failed to notice a Bulblin Captain about to attack me. In that moment, time seemed to almost stop as that attack would've killed, if not, injured me badly.Barely a millisecond later, a large, sharp vine had pierced the Bulblin Captain, killing it instantly. The vine then immediately went and stabbed any Bulblins that had entered the forest, the remaining retreating. I quickly whirled around behind me, seeing Y/N standing among the trees. Impa, Sheik, and Lana had looked in awe as Y/N manipulated the vine before placing it back into the ground. She then looked at me, and I looked back, both of us locked in a gaze with the other, even though Y/N was still wearing her mask. About a minute later, I was finally the one to move, which was me running towards Y/N, almost forgetting that she couldn't be touched. Like before, she had hit me with a stick, causing me to fall back."Well that was a nice 'hello.'" I rubbed my head, slightly annoyed, but I still knew that it was my fault."Sorry Link, but you were going to try and hug me again, weren't you?" I looked away and nodded my head slowly, blushing from embarrassment. You'd think that by now I would've learned that I can't hug her, but no. Y/N looked up at my companions and stepped back, probably afraid that she was seen. I stood up and gave her a soft smile."Don't be scared Y/N. They're my friends too." Y/N stopped and looked at me, then back to them."If you say so.""Who is she?" Sheik finally spoke up. I turned around to her, remembering that none of them had even met Y/N before."Oh, this is Y/N. She's a dear friend of mine that I knew all my life.""How did she do that? With the plant?" Lana asked curiously."She's kind of a spirit." I rubbed the back of my head. "It's a long story." I turned back to Y/N. "Anyways, I'm glad we found you. We need your help-""Darkness is spreading across Hyrule." Y/N finished and sighed. "Yeah, I noticed. I had plenty of enemies come into the forest, but it was fairly easy to get rid of them." I sighed in relief."That's good. There are some things I need to tell you though." I started. "First off, I am apparently the Hero of Legend and I have, well 'had,' the Triforce of Courage, but it was stolen from me. Besides that, we could use your help to help us stop the darkness. Please come with us." Part of me hoped that she would come along, and not just to help us. Y/N stayed silent for a moment as if thinking to herself before nodding."Alright. I'll go." She paused before continuing. "But as soon as our mission is over, I must return here." I nodded, agreeing with her condition before we all headed out of the forest. As we were walking, I could've sworn that I heard Y/N mumble something."I always knew you were the Hero..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, you have the power to control plants! X3 You had to assist Link on the mission somehow, and that was the first thing that came to my head.