Chapter 8: Y/N's Story

I nearly died from cuteness when I saw this picture X3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following summer, I had returned again, not that much of a surprise. It was a regular thing now for me to come back to the forest. Y/N waited for me at our usual place.

"Is that really you, Link?" She asked, tilting her head slightly. "You look like you would be around my age now." I chuckled a bit and rubbed the back of my head.
"Maybe, but in total years, you're still probably much older than me." I say before we both head into the forest.
"Time really flies, doesn't it?" Y/N states.
"Yeah, I'm already old enough to train at the castle." I tell her. After walking for a while, we sit by a large lake in an open field.
"You don't come running at me anymore these days." Y/N says. I look at her and remember back when I was a kid at how I kept trying to hug her.
"I learned my lesson after all those beatings." I pout slightly before chuckling. I look up at the sky as the clouds slowly drift across it.
"I'm looking forward to it." I start. "Once I finish training at the castle next year, I'll come and live here. I'll be able to protect you and this forest from any kind of dangers that dare threaten it. Then I can be with you more." I look back at her with a smile. "In autumn, winter, spring... Always. Right?" I feel my cheeks turn pink slightly but I didn't care this time.
"Link." Y/N said. "Let me tell you about myself." My expression became more interested now. Y/N had never told me about her past before, and I'm kind of surprised that I didn't ask about it earlier. I must've forgotten because I was having so much fun with her.
"I'm not a spirit, but I'm no longer Hylian." My eyes widened slightly at this, but I let her continue. "It seems like I was once a Hylian, but when I was a baby, I was abandoned in this forest. I'd only just been abandoned, so I cried helplessly as if to call back the parents who left me." I frowned at this. Who in the world would even think about abandoning their child? "They say I didn't stop crying for a long time. I should've died then, but the forest gods appeared and cast a spell that allowed me to continue living. So that I never move on. I'm like a ghost." Y/N turned her head back to me.
"Link. It's okay if you forget about me." She stated, holding up her arm and looking at it. "A body that's maintained by magic is very weak. If it touches a real Hylian body, the spell will break and the body will disappear. It's such a fragile thing. How long can you-"
"Something that disappears when touched..." I interrupted her, getting her attention again. "It's just like snow, isn't it?"
"Y/N, I thought of you during winter." I admit. "Even during autumn and spring. Y/N, don't forget about me. Don't forget." The wind picks up, blowing through the emerald green trees as we look at each other. A part of me just wanted to hold her right then and there, to tell her that we'd always be together no matter what, but I knew that I couldn't...

"Time might separate us some day. But, even still, until then, let's stay together."