Chapter 1

Hi everyone! This is my second book of my hunger games fanfiction series.

To keep the authors note short, you should read my first book first,

The 76th Hunger Games:Another Story

Please comment and vote, this book will be very different from the first one.Life will be very different from when before the Games started.

And yes, just like the first book was like a twist on the Hunger Games, this one will be a twist on Catching Fire.

Enjoy :) Please comment if you dont like or like some ideas.

Adri *cough cough* Odair

************

For the first time in weeks, I haven't had any nightmares.What a relief. Usually I'd wake up screaming, wheezing, sweating,shaking, or even frozen in fear.

I pull my sheets off my body and walk to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and get ready to bathe. Hot, fresh, flowing water was a luxury to me. But since I'm a Victor, I can afford it. Heck, I can afford anything I want. My mother and four siblings are waiting downstairs, eating breakfast.

I change into some uncomfortable pants,shirts,boots,and a sweater. I walk downstairs and greeted everybody. My mom has made pancakes and scrambled eggs. I eat my meal quickly and silently. After breakfast, I walk across the snow covered street in the Victors Village to see Hunter. I knocked on the door. His mother opened it and welcomed me in.

Hunter was in his living room, watching CapitolTV.I hopped on his couch, slightly startling him. Do that to Haymitch, and you'll find a knife at your neck.

"Hi.Rupalia."He said as he put his arm around me and kissed my cheek. The purple person on the screen fell into a large, diamond studded pool.

I snuggled into him and asked him about the usuals. Hunter has changed alot since the Games. The sparkle in his emerald green eyes come and go, and his mind sometimes wanders during a conversation. We didn't talk about tomorrow, The Victory Tour, where we're just gonna have to experience the horrific memories of the Games over again.

"Mom, we're going to my room." He called. His mom's head popped into the living room.

"Alright."she said as she smirked at us.She then winked at Hunter and I almost laughed my head off.

A couple of times my mom or Hunter's mom would accidentally walk into us kissing or something, and let me tell you, that's really embarrassing.Once, just once he snuck into my house after I was having some really terrible nightmares, and Luke found us sleeping together that morning. I was so embarrased.

We went up to his room,and, instead of kissing, we drew pictures without speaking to each other. They're in a secret book hidden under his bed. We draw anything, we see or think about.

It's a good distraction.

After about thirty minutes of drawing a window, I left. I have no idea what to do anymore. I can't go hunting, Hunter and I only do that on Saturdays. I guess I could "help my community" by passing by the Hob and giving out free food I could buy.

I spent almost an hour  cleaning out the Mellark Bakery, Mr.Mellark was in the back already ordering restocks and his family in the back making more sweets. He thanked me gratefully, while Mrs.Mellark grumbled about how "that stupid girl will force them to shut down if I buy another cookie".

Ryehan Mellark, Peeta"s older brother, probably by a year, smiled at me while he wrapped and put all of the things I ordered into a bag. I guess there's something about the boys being named after bread. I feel bad for them, Ryehan and Wheaton. Imagine having your brother thrown into the Games twice and you had one chance to save him. Peeta  went into the Games twice, in consecutive years.He didn't come out the second time, but he and Katniss died together and in love so it's better than nothing.

I lugged the bag out of the bakery and headed toward the Hob. Walking in there, I hand out whatever anyone wanted. I figured anyone could use a little sweets these days.

I give Greasy Sae extra, because I know she would hook me up like before the Games.I sat down as she served me a bowl of her world famous(ok, District famous) soup.

I accepted the spoon as I looked at the ring on my index finger. My mom said I should "dress according to society" meaning no comfy tshirts and my dads hunting boots.

I was stuck with Capitol jewelry, Capitol clothes, and tight Capitol boots.

I basically ripped my ring off my finger and traded it with Sae for some bandages for my mom. She's a healer.

"That ring is worth ten times as much as those bandages." Sae bargained.

"Keep it, really. I have enough of that garbage at home."

"Anyways, good luck tomorrow and congratulations."Sae says gravelly.

"Yeah. Congrats to me to face all the families whose children I've killed, who could've been home if I had just died." I say with a fake smile.

"It's gonna be alright. Things find their way to work for the better." Sae says, squeezing my hands.I leave the Hob. Once I reach home, my mother is at the door standing very stiffly.She takes the bag with bandages out of my hands.

"We have a visitor."My mother says nervously. She motions me to a room.I see two guards standing at the door of the study.

Something is wrong.

***

I HOPE YOU LIKE THE FIRST CHAPTER AND i started high school this week and its so boring :/ but I THINK I HAVE A CRUSH ON THIS BOY i literally can't stop staring at him its only been a week and I dont know his name or ever heard him speak and im not sure he knows i exist BUT LOL he has these CARAMEL BROWN EYES AND SOME EXCELLENT HAIR and idk if hes single yo BUT SHOULD I TALK TO HIM he looks really sweet aAND YOU CAN SEE THE INNOCENCE IN HIS EYES AND HIS EYE LASHES ARE CUTE AND SHORT but idk mayn.

Thanks for reading that teenage girl rant :)

Oh, and , enjoy