Cubicles

The next day I'm walking Venom down by the local lake in the park I've discovered recently, and I've still got that buzz from yesterday. I keep feeling the hickey on my neck like it's some sort of holy lump there...I still can't believe it though. Every second of it was just a dream. And we're dating now!

It's just so hard to take in, the fact that I'm lucky enough to have the most beautiful guy ever as my boyfriend. Mine!

I want to tell someone, but I can't. Gerard said he wouldn't tell anyone either.

I was still sat shocked on my bed, the window still open, when I heard him call one last time.

"Sunny!"

I came to the window, and looked down at him with a jubilant grin. "Yes, Gee?"

"Can we not tell anyone? Only Mikey, and this Ember you told me about? I just think it'd be nicer private, y'know. We can tell people soon, sure, I just want it to be an awesome surprise for them...and we'd be able to spend more time together."

I was a bit unsure at first, but then I decided it was quite nice actually. A little privacy would be great - plus I wouldn't have to explain anything to my curious friends!

"Okay, sure. That'd be actually real cool - we could tell everyone when Frankie gives Venom to Jamia!"

His beautiful face creased nto another stunning smile. "Awesome. I better go. Bye, Sunshine."

"Bye then!" I waved, but neither of us moved.

"I just wanted to say that I...I love you, y'know." He added quietly.

"I love you too." I said softly.

Then, I shut the window and went to go eat my breakfast. My mind was still focused on the picture of Gerard stood outside my window, in his torn and scruffy suit...and his beautiful mouth telling me that he loved me. How would I ever be able to shake that image out of my head? I wouldn't, and I never will I bet.

And then, mid-daydream, I spot Jamia.

She's just across the lake, skimming stones alone. And yet when I squint harder, I note that it's not rocks she's throwing in, it's something else...never mind that though!! I need to run before she spots me, and sees Venom, and --

"Hey, Sunny!" I hear Jamia bellow with a weird edge to her voice, and she shakily waves with both arms. "Come over here!"

Crap.

"One sec, Jamia!"

I see the rest of whatever she was throwing fall to the ground as she keeps waving, but she doesn't pick them back up. She kicks these unknown objects hard, and I spot them all falling into the lake with a large ripple.

Hm. Even more suspicious.

Anyway, I need to focus on hiding Venom! I don't think Jamia's seen her yet, so that gives me a little time. I search around for something to tie Venom's leash onto. Hmmmm...

Ah-hah! There's a pretty tall tree there, right behind all the bushes near the bridge.

I run through the bushes, Venom in tow, and get to this huge fir tree. I tie her quickly the trunk. She whines when I'm about to leave, but I try to comfort her in whispers.

"Now, Ven. Stay here, okay? I won't be long, and I'm not far away. Jamia can't see you. You're a surprise. There, now...good puppy." I tickle her ears, and then bolt out.

As soon as I've emerged from the shrubbery, I hear Jamia yell again.

"Sunny? Are you okay? Why'd you go into a bush?"