Sleep

I can't work out whether it's a bang on the window or Venom barking that wakes me.

"Venom...?" I mumble slowly in confusion, eyes still glued shut with sleep. 

I feel her approach me and lick my hand, but immediately run back to the window barking when another bang can be heard.

"Ssh! Venom!" I hiss, and open my eyes. They're bleary, but not too bleary for me to take in a black labrador attempting to nudge it's nose through the curtains.

I spring up out of bed, and immediately regret it. I feel like collapsing - I went to sleep real late last night. After Ember drove me home, she and Mikey stayed over for a bit to check I was okay. When they were convinced, I think Ember went over to Mikey's - to "talk about something" - which in other words means that they'll most likely be dating by Monday. I went straight to bed, but lay awake for hours thinking about Gee.

I run a hand through my hair, and stagger to the window. With a slight push I move Venom out of the way so that I can draw back the curtains. I scan the garden, but I can't see anything - what's Venom barking at? And what was making that sound --

One more bang - and then I see him. From the corner of my eye, I notice a staggering Gerard (still in the suit he wore tonight, except it's exceedingly muddy now) waving at me. His other hand has lots of rocks in it, which explains the banging.

I open the window, puzzled. "Gerard?"

"Oh, hey Sunshine! It's me, the bastard. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for whatever shit I did and...and you know what? You looked b-e-a-u-u-u-t-i-f-u-l tonight. Did I spell that right? Hahaha, oh well!" He's laughing really loudly, and I notice him take a beer bottle from his suit jacket.

Oh God. Well, that explains it. He's drunk as a skunk, any idiot could see that. But why?! I just don't get it! And why the fuck is he here? I'm kinda happy he is though, I can help him now. Hey, it's just like Ember and I earlier!

...should I ask him to come up to my room? I can't let my parents hear though, so he'd have to climb up. It's risky, because he's drunk, but it's worth a shot.

"Gee! Climb up!" 

Gerard points at himself flimsily. "Me? Well, okay then!"

Laughing, he leaps onto the ivy outside the wall. God, I hope he doesn't fall...

"Be careful!" 

"Whatever, Sunny Honey! Haha, Sunny Honey! Get it? Because you're Sunny, and you're a Honey, and --"

"I get it, Gerard. Now hurry up!" I hiss again.

Gee gets up, and climbs through the window. Because he's staggery, he falls into my arms, which causes another laughing fit. I drop him, careful not to hurt him though.

...great. Just...great.

"I'm sorry, Sunshine. I'm so sorry. I don't know what I did, but I needed to see you so I could..." He's gone all serious looking now, despite his sway.

"Could what?" 

Venom's licking my legs frantically now, and Gerard's too.

"So I could do this." 

He brushes his lips to mine, and then falls onto my bed into a deep sleep.

I'm too tired to react. All I can do is tuck him in - I'll deal with everything in the morning. Right now we both need to sleep. I turn him onto his stomach (I think that's what they tell you to do when an intoxicated person has to sleep), climb in next to him and curl up to him. Venom cuddles in with us too...and even though I'm too tired to react outside, I know I'll have another sleepless night thinking about that kiss tonight.