Mama

"You'll be okay now, right?" Gee says gently.

Earlier (after I'd calmed down a little) Gerard picked up my things, wiped my tears and walked me home. I didn't even have to tell him where I live, which was kinda weird...how'd he know the way?

Anyway. We're stood on the porch outside my house now, and we've got our foreheads pressed together. He's such a comfort...and that makes it even harder to try and push him out of my mind. I know that I love Gee now. I think I've always known that, since the day we met. But he can't know how I feel - it'd be totally embarassing, because I he probably doesn't feel the same way.

But his eyes...I can't forget those eyes...

"Sunny?" He suddenly prompts for an answer, so I look up into his eyes as I pop out of my daydream.

"I think so. Thankyou, Gee."

"What for? I should be thanking you." He says, then he raises his eyebrows. "I mean...uhm...it's okay, don't mention it."

This is getting totally suspicious now.

"I've been thinking. How about you, me, Ray, Frank, Jamia and Bob go to the movies tomorrow? There's a movie showing that sounds pretty awesome. We don't have to watch it though, if you don't want. I mean, if it doesn't interest you. To be honest, I don't think anyone else I know is interested in Shakespeare, so I guess Jamia and the guys won't want to see it either. But that's alright, maybe we could catch a showing of an action film -"

"Shakespeare?" I interrupt.

"Mm. It's an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. That, and Twelfth Night, is my all time favourite play...but it's okay, we don't have to watch that." He reasons.

What? He loves Shakespeare? So do I! I loved Drama class back at Our Lady Of Sorrows, it was the only perk of that hellhole...I loved learning about all the classic plays, And Romeo and Juliet was my favourite too! It'll sound cliche, but this has gotta be fate.

"But I love Shakespeare! Please can we go? It's so tragic, beautiful..."

"...romantic, poignant...a lot of things, hehe! But woah, you like it too? Well, alright then! Awesome! I'll pick you up this time tomorrow, okay?"

I nod happily.

"It's a date! I mean, I...well..." Gerard's gone a faint red colour.

"I know what you mean, Gee. Bye bye." I give him a squeeze, leave him on the porch and enter my house.

And that's when the emotions start coming.

"YES! I'VE GOT A DATE WITH GERARD, I'VE GOT A DATE WITH GERARD!" I start dancing around into the kitchen madly, screaming it from the top of my lungs jubilantly. "ROMEO, ROMEO, WHEREFORE ART THOU --"

"...Romeo?" My mom finishes me off.

Crap. I wondered why the door was unlocked. I turn around to face her, and she's smiling.

"Sounds like you've got yourself a little date tomorrow, hey?"

I nod, but then shake my head, embarassed, and she beams again. "I knew it! I knew you'd love it here. Didn't I say you'd make friends? And now you've got a boyfriend -"

"He's not my boyfriend, Mom." I shake my head. "He's just a very close, very hot friend."

We giggle for a while, and I suddenly remember I had to ask her something. What was it? Hm...I'm sure I was meant to ask her whether I could...do something...

KNOCK KNOCK.

"I'll get it, Mama!" I grin. It's our little joke, my Mom and I's. I also call my Dad 'Daddio'. It's from some song they listened to as kids, I think.

She laughs as I run from the kitchen to the door, and fling it open to see -

Frank stood with a full-size, definetly non-puppy black Labrador on the front step.

And now, of all times, I remember what I was supposed to ask Mom.

I shut the door on Frank and I, and crouch down on the front step.

"Hey, Sunny." Frank grins. "Ain't she cute? Say hi, Venom!"

The labrador licks me repeatedly, but however cute she is, I'm too pissed off to stroke her.

"Frankie! You said Venom was a puppy!" I hiss.

He shifts from foot to foot. "Ah, well...she once was a puppy, I guess...I thought if I said she was a puppy, you'd be more likely to take her off my hands..."

"And I haven't even asked my parents yet!" I argue again.

Frank stares at me. "What? You said they'd be okay with it, you said you'd check with them straight away!"

"I forgot, okay?" I snap. "Look, just give me a few more minutes, and I can -"

Suddenly, Mom opens the door. "Hey, Sunny, who is it? Why'd you shut the door on you both?"

She looks down, sees Venom and Frankie, and I think she starts to piece it all together.