Chapter One- Aria

“Aria poppet hurry up and unpack I’m bloody starving,” my best friend said to me with a fake British accent. I giggled and folded a blue v-neck before placing it in an open draw.

            “Just a moment my darling Alison. I simply must finish folding these shirts. The Queen is coming by for a visit,” I repeated to her in a similarly phony British accent.

            “By jove the Queen is coming for a visit! Shall we be serving her tea and crumpets?”

            “Only the finest for our lady the queen”.

            “God save the queen!” we said in union before bursting into a fit of giggles.

            “Seriously though. Hurry up I’m like starving,” she said to me, returning back to her usual un-accented voice.

            “Calm down, I’m almost done”.

            When the unpacking was finally complete, we linked arms and left the apartment.

            “Are we finally off to find food yet poppet?” she asked me as we walked down the many steps.

            “Of course. Except… where do we eat?”. We began to laugh.

            “We didn’t think this through all to well did we”

            “No we did not,” I giggled. Of course we would move to an entirely different country and expect to know how to order take-out. “Let’s just go ask the doorman”.

            We were obviously not from here. Once we stepped outside we took in the feel of London. How the girls all looked gorgeous despite wearing casual pieces. How the guys all gave off a strong confident vibe. And how our shorts, flip flops, and messy buns read ‘obviously not from here’ to all those that saw us.

            After asking not only the doorman, but several pedestrians passing by us as we walked, we decided to order take-out from a Chinese restaurant about a block from our new apartment.

            “Do you think we made a mistake, moving?” I asked her while picking out the pieces of onion and celery from my chow mien.

            “Here? Of course not. Sure it’s a bit out of our comfort zone but it’s an adventure for us to embark on, one that we’ll remember forever. How are we supposed to live if we don’t know how to do what we aren’t use to”.

            “Ya I guess. I should probably get to bed soon. I have an interview for a job”.

            “Ohh do tell”

            “I applied to a daycare centre not to far from here. The hours are kind of flexible so they’ll work with my school hours”

            “Lucky you! If you get the job put a good word in for me?”

            “Of course”

            “Thanks! Now go to bed before you decide to stay up all night and end up half dead for your interview”

            An hour later I laid in my bed looking at the clock beside me, reading 11: 19. I sighed. Clearly, I wasn’t going to be getting any sleep any time soon.

            “Baby you light up my world like nobody else. The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed. But when you smile at the ground it aint hard to tell. You don’t know oh oh, you don’t know you’re beautiful” the voices of Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Zayne Malik, and Louis Tomlinson rang through my ears.

            I got up from my bed and went over to Alison’s room.

            “Hey, is it just me or is that music really loud?” I asked. Alison groaned.

            “I was asleep dammit. Would it be elderly to go next door and ask them to turn it down a bit?”

            “Maybe if we do it nice enough they won’t mind?”

            “You go do it. You’re a people person. Plus you need the sleep for the interview”

            “Fine”

            I stood outside of the door to the apartment beside my own. I tentatively knocked at the door. The door opened.

            “Hello?” a male’s voice said, with a bit of an Irish accent. He stood in front of me barefoot, wearing green pajama pants and a white Abercrombie and Finch shirt. His cheeks were rosy, his eyes the color of the ocean, and his hair long and blonde with dark roots beginning to show.

            In front of me stood the one and only Niall Horan.