Chapter Three- Aria

“What took you so long?” Alison asked when I finally got back.

    “You. Are. Never. Going. To. Guess. Who. I. Just. Met!” I exclaimed excitedly.

    “Let me guess, the neighbor’s hot?”

     I laughed. “Sweetie the neighbor is beyond hot”.

     “What’s he look like? Is he single? And does he have many hot single friends?”

     “He has blonde hair. And blue eyes. And adorable rosy cheeks. And he has a particularly dashing single friend I just met who I know you’re attracted to”.

    “What’s his name?”

    “Niall. Niall Horan of One Direction”.

    Alison picked up the pillow of the living room sofa and faked to throw it at me. She giggled. “No seriously. Who lives next door?”

   “Niall effing Horan of One effin Direction”.

   “Wait. You’re serious?”

    “Yes I am”. Alison began shrieking with delight.

     “Shut up before they hear you and think we’re typical fan girls!” I said laughing.

     “Oh my gosh. We are the neighbors of a One Direction member. That’s one more thing off of my bucket list”.

     “That was never ON your bucket list to begin with”. She laughed.

      “It is now. Did you make out with Harry”

      “No! I went inside, got introduced to everybody, then basically said goodbye and left”.

       “Good because I called dibs remember?”

        I laughed. “I thought we had gotten past this after high school”.

         “Are you crazy! Dibs is what keeps best-friendom sacred. Without dibs we would forever chase each others guys and where would that leave us? Certainly not as best friends!”

          “Well Harry is pretty cute..”

           “As they say, great minds do think alike. But I still called dibs!” We laughed.

            “But Niall is far more attractive than Harry in my opinion”.

            “Then go for it!”

            “I can’t! Hmm should we bring them food tomorrow”.

            “Nooo. Niall loves food and you can cook really well. I don’t need any oppsy babies caused by your cupcakes and flirting”. I giggled. After all these years Alison knew me best.

            “Fine. I’m not sure he’ll invite me over again”.

            “Why do you say that?”

            I bit my lip. “Because I was rather sassy with him in the hallway”.

            “Before or after he invited you into his apartment?”

            “Before. When I knocked at the door he thought I was a fan that stalked him”.

            “Ouch. Did you guys sort things out?”

            “Ya. I told him I live next door and he invited me inside for a cup of coffee”.

            “That was nice of him”.

            “It was. I’m going to bed”.

            “Goodnight. I’d say sweet dreams but its unnecessary since you’re probably going to be dreaming about your new neighbor anyways”.

            “Shut up,” I said giggling, before closing my bedroom door.