Meeting

(Roxy's pov)

My name is Roxy. 

My friends call me Rox queen of the skate park. I live in a small town with a population of 1,001 people. I'm sixteen I live with my dad and twelve year old sister named Jo anne, she likes to be called Jo though. We get along pretty well, we hardly ever fight and I even take her to the skate park with me sometimes. I'm the only one who know's she is bi. so we can relate even better then most sisters can. When she was born mom dumped us on to dad and just left. But I really don't care. My grades are about B to an A- which I'm cool with. My dad works a lot so we can live in our house so I'm home alone most of the time when Jo is at school. When I'm not home I'm at the skate park. The guys respect me and thats all that matters. I always think its amusing when a girl is trying to flirt with them because over half of them are gay. They are not alone though. I'm straight up Lesbian which makes the rest of the guys of the skate park think I'm even cooler. They come to me asking for tips on how to get girls and I just say be your self ya' idiot. Then every now and then I slap them on the back of the head and push them to the closest crowd of girls. I  have never fallen in love with someone. I hate the idea of having my heart broken like my dad. So I just stay away from them and chill with my friends. I make sure that I'm treated right by them and they respect that. If they ever cross the line I put them back into their place. They don't call me queen of the skate park for nothing. And about the thing on how I said I was never going to fall in love well one day I did... This is my story. How I found love and tripped right over it.

"Hey Rox we're going to the park wanna come?" I hear my friend Blake yell. I stuck my head out of the window to see the rest of the gang. 

"Sure I'll be down there in a minute." I ran down the hall and grabbed my skate board and guitar. With that I ran outside to meet them. We quickly headed off to the park while on the way spray painting a few walls just for the hell of it. When we got there some of the guys had already gotten their hands on some money and had starbucks coffee with them. I rolled my eyes not wanting to know where in the world they even got the money and sat down on my skate board. I pulled out my guitar and started to tune it when I heard some guys start to do what they called the sexy whistle to a girl painting. She just ignored them and continued. She looked really cool. Her hair was a blonde and her eyes were hazel. I shrugged and started to play a song I had learned a while back. Its a song called when you're gone by one of my favorite singers avril lavigne and I knew the cords for the guitar and the lyrics. 

"I always needed time on my own, I never thought I... would need you there when I cry. And the days feel like years when I'm alone and the bed where you lie is made up on your side. When you walk away I count the steps that you take do you see how much I need you right now? When your gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you. When your gone, the face I came to know is missing too. When your gone, the words I need to hear to always get me through the day, and make it okay... I miss you. I looked up and stopped to see everyone staring at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"That...was...AWESOME!" They shouted. I smiled and continued playing for a while until I got tired of playing. I put my guitar back into the case and walked around. The guys were bonding... by spray painting a wall... again... I shrugged. I decided to grab a drink at the local starbucks. Right when I walked in I saw the girl that was painting from the park. I tried to ignore her and act like I would to any other stranger but it was hard. 

"um  ma'am what would you like?" The cashier asked. I was snapped back to reality.

"Oh um can I just have a strawberry smoothie?" He nodded. I gave him the five bucks and grabbed the smoothie. When I turned around all the seats were taken except one... and it was by the artist from the park. I decided I had no other choice and walked up to her table.

"This seat taken?" I asked she looked up at me and shook  her head. I sat down and drank some of the smoothie. The silence was killing me.

"Names Roxy." I said smiling. She mumbled her name but I didn't catch it.

"So are you new here?" I asked. she nodded. Man this chick was silent.

"What were you painting in the park?" I asked. 

"Oh um you don't want to see its really bad." She said quietly.

"Aw come on it can't be that bad if a couple went up to you and personally said you were amazing. Now let me see it I won't laugh." I said.

"Well okay..." She turned the ainting around so I could see it. It was me! It was a painting of my playing my guitar on my skate board!

"This... is...." I said.

"Oh please don't get mad. When you were playing I just started painting and then I accidentally painted you. I'm sorry I can get rid of it if you don't want people to see it." She said quickly.

"This is amazing. Why would you scrap this. I don't mind if people see it you have talent." I said maybe to enthusiastically. She blushed and brushed her hair behind her ear. God she was beautiful... wait what did I just think! I will not fall in love! 

"Thanks your amazing on the guitar." She said quietly. I smiled at the compliment. I gave back her painting and continued to drink the smoothie. When I finished I saw her walking out the door. I grabbed my skate board and guitar.

"Why not make a new friend today?" I asked myself allowed and I ran to catch up to her. 

"Hey mind if I walk with you?" I asked. She shrugged.

"So... sorry I have to ask this again... I even feel slightly embarrassed about it but whats your name?" I asked with my hand behind my head.

"It's fine my name is Emily but you seem nice you can just call me Em." She said smiling. I looked at her shocked.

"What?" She asked.

"You smiled." I teased her. She giggled. 

"Aw shut up." She said shoving me a little. We continued to chat as we walked around the park until the sun started going down. I looked at my phone to check the time.

"Man I have to get home." I said. She gave me a disapointed look. 

"Hey tomorrows monday. What school do you go to?"

"East why?" She responded.

"Great we'll be in the same school!" I said. She smiled.

"Here's my number. We should hang out sometime." I said as we exchanged numbers.

"Yeah. Well I'll see you tomorrow." She said walking away.

"See ya." I waved. Today had been better than I thought.

I got home at about seven and dad still wasn't home. I walked inside to see Jo on the computer typing a story she had been working on for a while with a bowl of ramen by her. I walked into the kitchen to see another bowl on the table.

"Thanks sis!" I called.

"No problem. I didn't burn down the house like last time!" She called back with a hint of humor in her voice. I ate quickly and went upstairs. After playing some love songs I finally noticed Jo in leaning against the door frame smirking.

"Got a girlfriend?" She teased.

"Oh come on you know I won't fall in love." I said tapping my finger on her nose.

"Thats what everyone says. " Sometimes she wounds older than me but I know she is just using quotes she found on tumblr.

"Oh come here." I said hugging her. This was the life. No problems. Just me and my sister and my friends... and now Emily