The Explosion

-The Explosion

 Vun

The invitation to Wlem galaxy General Cycle ball lay in front of me.

If my mother was here she would insist I go. My father would have silently agreed and arranged my security team.

But neither of my parents were here to make this decision for me. I hated balls, especially inter-galaxy balls. They made my bloody boil and left me wanting to destroy. Everyone was there to celebrate their strong life force, something he lacked.

I had a good excuse not to go this cycle. I needed to be here in case Lozi and Solm attacked again. They have called a temporary seize and have issued me a notice period to release Aque. I have not replied but used the time to strengthen the security around the galaxy. No-one can see the Aque fleet outside the immediate space. Making it near impossible for anyone to detect the release of an electrical charge that shuts down enemy fleet ship.

However this cycle’s ball was different the previous ones my parents forced me to go. First of I was going as Ruler, temporary. The threat of war is pushing Rulers to strengthen their alliances and create new ones. Therefore they would need to see me and judge for themselves the danger Aque imposed. They all knew that of Aque was under Council control the war would result in the total domination of the Council.

‘Mellow should I go? Show my face, meet Zox and Bov then quickly leave?’ I asked, I needed a reasonable voice outside my clouded mind.

‘Your parents would have liked you to go Vun’ Mellow replied. He was right. I stood up to prepare for my journey. I had not sent my confirmation of attendance and would be late missing the opening ceremony. Good I didn’t want anyone expecting me.

‘Prepare the security team and send Hess to meet me at Gwled Moon’ I gave orders as I mentally prepared for Zox’s ball. Bov recently attempted to communicate and I turned it down. I hope he doesn’t hold it against me.

Wlem:

Zox and Bov sat in Zox’s private court discussing politics and old memories.

‘There have not been any movements from Lozi and Solm since the withdrawal to attack Aque. I think they were surprised by Aque’s strength and they are planning.’ Bov said. He was thinking over a plan he has put in place after receiving some valuable information on Lozi from an unknown source.

‘How is Khadwa settling in’ He has not seen Khadwa over 4 months and was eager to see her.

‘She is creating chaos, her powers are slowly developing. She has learnt the ability to switch on and off her shield and mask her aura confusing the guards and the maids. They cannot keep up with her. She keeps disappearing into the forest. Yesterday we had to dispatch a search unit to find her, she reappeared late night.’ Zox was confused regarding his daughter. She has avoided him and wonders around alone exploring the surrounding areas of the Royal Palace.

‘She is a loner Zox, her whole life she has never lived with others. Give her time to adjust’

‘She has asked for you Bov, you should go find her, I believe she is in the library, her other favorite place. She has a keen mind and already learnt our history and the other galaxies’’.

‘Will she attend the ball?’ With his permission I was even more impatient to go find her.

‘I think it might be good for her and I feel confident she will keep the suns’ spirit  hidden. It is time she accepted her place as a Princess and the people saw their future secure.’

‘Zox it might not be wise to let her attend…I am afraid spies might piece together her sudden appearance…’ I disagreed with him and wanted to protect Khadwa from everyone.