Breaking point

Khad’s POV

I woke up to find that I was late for my morning run. I quickly got dressed and ran for 20minutes before I got changed to go to work.

Work today was busier then usually. There were two cars parked outside the observatory today. I walked in a little excited to have company and people that will have to talk to me!

I walked in to discover my boss Dr Greg and a female in my office reading my recent notes that I have yet to log.

I have only met Dr Greg 2 times in the two years I have worked for him as Physician.

‘Good morning Dr Greg’ I said brightly, maybe a little too brightly because they both looked at me like I was a stranger.

I stumbled forward to re-introduce myself, people forget me so easily I always have to remind them.

‘My name is Khad Aswell, I am the Physician that works here’

After a moment they turned away from me and continued their discussion on my latest findings. I knew it was ground breaking discovering that I found a galaxy. But I have yet to interpret the data and log it so maybe they have not noticed how important the notes are.

‘If you will let me explain the patters Dr Greg you will notice the distance and the shapes indicating starts and planets at close range’ I said really loudly to draw their attention.

They both looked at me and gave me the same unrecognizing looking, once again marking me a stranger.

‘My name is Khad Aswell, I am the Physician that works here and those are my notes’

‘Yes, Miss Aswell…’ Dr Greg breaks off to answer the female and once again I am forgotten.

I turn away to go check on the equipment while they finish their discussion. They don’t need me for anything. I log everything; nobody ever needs to ask me any questions. How can you even ask an invisible person questions.

I shrug of the evaporating excitement and start my work routine. I wanted to explore that galaxy further and discover why it is cover in space dust.

As I sit in my cabin and turn to my space satellite and get absorbed in my work I hardly hear the two cars leave.

Vun POV  

‘Master, your father requests your presences’ Mellow met me at the landing and informed me.

I quickly walked to the House and to father’s suit worried he might need my assistance.

‘How is he Mellow’? I asked, knowing he will give an honest answer. Our people knew little of my father’s state. They assumed he is taking a lesser role in the managerial of the galaxies because I am of age and need to learn the position.

He has not made a decision for the galaxies for 6 years. When mother was ill he stayed by her side and in her death and he completely withdrew. I created pretence for him and learn to create interwoven lies to make appear as still functioning.

‘He is the same Sire, he wants to discuss the conference’ Mellow replied.

I walked even faster as a small light of hope ignited in my heart. My father is taking interest in the affairs of the galaxy, this is good news.

As I reached his suit I found my father sitting up and writing at his desk.

‘Father’ I nodded and greeted him as I sat across from him.

I keenly observed his health, his eyes have dimmed and lost their aque aura and his skin is brittle and decaying. He has not improved.

With the demise of my hope I sit up straight and send some light energy to my father.