Leaving Chapter

Leaving Chapter

I found myself on a sleek comfortable space ship! I was walking around with wide eyes and eager hands like a child in a toy shop. Bov gave me permission to look around as he spoke to Zox, my father, and explained my coming to Wlem.

After Bov explained to me all he could, he gently asked me to pack a few things and leave behind my home. At first I found it difficult but Bov guided me through explaining my magic was connecting with the old magic of the stone temple.

As the ship left Earth I felt a part of me regret leaving. I watched the blue and green planet get smaller as we went deeper into space. My excitement in being in space quickly took over and my eyes could not take in enough. I spent years looking through a telescope at these planets and stars and here I was gliding through them in a space ship! I felt like I was in star trek.

‘Khadwa’ Bov’s voice startled me and I snapped my head around.

‘You should rest now, we’ll be travelling at a speed your human senses will not be able to adjust to. It is best you sleep so you don’t get sick’

‘But I am not human and I don’t want to miss a thing of this journey. Bov do you realize I am travelling through space?!’ I did not want to sleep. How could I?

‘Khadwa this space will always be there and you are human until your full senses awake.’

‘Bov I will not sleep’ His talking to me was distracting me.

I still could not believe I was travelling through space. I wish I had a cam-recorder.

I felt Bov watching me but disregarded it as I absorbed my surroundings.

Bov continued watching her as she watched space and squealed every time she saw a planet or a star she recognized, uttering its earth name. Soon enough they left the known galaxy and she still counted and recognized stars. Bov was impressed. He found himself moving closer and reaching out to hold her while she stood and gazed. He could not find the reason he was drawn to her. His partner has died years ago and he has learnt to live alone drawing on Zox as a companion and friend when it becomes unbearable. But there was a part of him that hungered Khadwa’s touch and presence. He could not help wrapping his arms around her.

‘Khadwa…’ I heard Bov’s voice near my ear and felt his breath against my ear and neck. I did not realize he was so close. I turned to look at him and saw the emotion of longing in his eyes again. It left me speechless. I found myself returning his embraced as I turned to hold him close to me. I craved contact. A simple huge means so much to me. I breathed in his scent and found comfort and contentment. I rested my head on his chest and found myself drifting off to sleep.

Much later I woke up in a bright and warm room with a soothing scent hanging in the area. I looked around and realized I was no longer on the ship.

Before I had a chance to fully wake up and look around, a large door to the far side of the big room opened. Bov and a man bigger than him walked in. This man was Bov’s contrast, he had sharp features and long black hair with red streaks. He was muscular and intimidating, I almost hid under the bed covers. It would seem they both sensed my fear because they paused before sitting on a sofa near the head of the bed.

‘Khadwari, this is Zox, your father’ Box’s tone was restrained, I looked at him before turning to Zox, the man I am suppose to call father.

‘Khadwari welcome, an unaccepted surprise’ He held out his hand, but it was awkward, like he did not know what to do it with. I stared at it and turn to Bov. He nodded for me to take it. I took it and felt a jolt of electricity. I pulled back a little shocked.