The Edge (Updated)

Apparently some people never give up. Carter has once again started up this never ending chess game. He's got plans right till the end and keeps changing the rules. Word of his return was only whispers and rumours but I knew better than to just put them aside. They came from somewhere and if any word of Carter was floating around, no doubt he was back playing his favourite game, chasing me.

On my way to The Edge a million thoughts were running through my head. I knew he was after me, but was it for the same reason? Was it just because he wanted me? Or is there so much more now?

As I pulled up at The Edge I saw many cars surrounding the cottage styled hideout.

Walking in I saw the boys all sitting around the dining table, going around saying hello to everyone I saw that not much had changed around the cottage. Big table in the middle of the dining room, a huge kitchen to the side as with 6 boys there is never too much food, bedrooms down the hall catered for all of us when we stayed over, plain white walls, including a lounge with all of the latest gaming consoles. The secret room was where the real fun was, hiding everything spies or secret agents would need when tracking down people like Carter.

Even though I was gone for a short while no one had changed at all.

Nate Stratton still runs the whole show. Buzz cut black hair and brown eyes, dark and mysterious. Then there's Nick with short brown hair to his ears with green eyes. Liam and Luke were brothers, twins to be exact, both with the classic messy blonde hair and blue eyes, you never saw one without the other. Jordan's jet black hair to his ears and baby blue eyes suited his cheeky personality. Then last of all, my next door neighbour and best friend, Zach with dark brown hair and piercing green eyes. Then there's me with my shoulder length light blonde hair with deep blue eyes.

So here we all are again Nate Stratton, Zach Hawthorne, Nick Barton, Liam Smith, Luke Smith, Jordan James and me, Lena Rose. We're all in this together.

Thinking about how little everything and everyone has changed I got lost in my own world.

"Nice to know you are back from Mars." Jordan cheekily remarks with a smirk on his face. I just shook my head at him.

Tired from my journey to The Edge I headed for a lie down after telling Nate.

"No problem, I'll tell the boys the situation now and one of them can fill you in later." Nate said, he was always the sensible one. He did have to control a group of boys who liked the sound of their own voices and weren't always responsible, so the sensible role was left up to him.

Walking over to the bedroom that was labelled 'Lena' I discovered that it had been redecorated somewhat. It no longer looked like a young teenage girl's room as it did before I left. It looked as though it belonged in a five star hotel. The main wall was painted a light charcoal grey, the bed was a white French provincial bed, the dresser, desk and bedside tables were white with the same French provincial style as the bed. The decorations were modern clean colours of white, grey, charcoal grey and the occasional dark purple item. This style suited me better than the previous decor, and I loved it.

I laid down on the bed and listened to the conversation that was being held in the dining room. My room was the closest to the main living area out of all the bedrooms, so I could hear every word. It was Nate's short sentence that attracted my attention though, "We can't tell her."

Can't tell me what I though. We didn't keep secrets on situations like this here as we knew secrets could mean life or death.

"We have no choice. She will find out one way or another and know that we didn't tell her. That'll only cause unnecessary tension." At least Liam was being somewhat reasonable.