Life (Updated)

Life is a lot of things. One thing life is not is fair. Life isn't fair. Bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. But these events don't decide our lives for us. How we react to the events is what decides our lives.

Positivity and negativity play big roles when dealing with life changing events. One person may go through Hell and come out fighting the other side, another person may go through the same circumstances but comes out broken. Attitude is everything.

I will fight this, I will survive, I will be happy, beats I won't fight this, I won't survive, I won't be happy.

I, Lena Rose, went through Hell on more than one occasion. Being abducted and abused by Carter Slade was one. Carter killing my parents was another as revenge was another challenge. Having to see the person I love everyday and him having no idea how I feel is another.

There were low points when I could no longer see the sunshine beyond the storm, where I was close to giving up. Pushing myself to continue on, so that my parents could be proud of me and say I did the right thing, to say that I survived and carried on living.

This is my story of how I did just that. How it is possible to travel through Hell and come out smiling and whole on the other side.