Chapter 24

Naruto was pulling on her gear as Sasuke got out of the shower the next morning. "Did you guys find anything you like in town?" Naruto grinned at him before flinging something at him. Sasuke caught it before it hit him in the eye. He opened his palm to see that it was a necklace. He looked at her, raising his eyebrow. Naruto shrugged before lifting a necklace out of her shirt to show that it was a matching design and that it was meant to fit together like a puzzle piece. Sasuke let out a huff, like a short laugh, before putting on the necklace.

"Hmmm." Kakashi made a sound as the two came into the dining area.
"What?" Naruto asked as she sat down in front of their teacher. Sasuke had gone to get food for them. Kakashi continued making that sound as if he was considering something. Sasuke sat down next to Naruto after he gave Naruto her plate of food. "Hmmmm."
"Can you not?" Naruto asked, getting annoyed at the silver-haired jonin. The jonin merely eye-smiled at her as if that would answer all the questions in the world. Sasuke narrowed his eyes at the ninja sitting in front of them. The dirty-minded teacher was trying to imply something but neither of them can figure it out unless he says something other than a 'hmm'.
Kakashi knows the two of them wouldn't... do the thing. But still. He likes to mess with them. The two of them were casting suspicious glances at each other, then at Kakashi who merely grinned at them. "So! Did you two get a good night's rest or?" Kakashi asked suggestively. Kurenai elbowed Kakashi for making dirty suggestions at their juniors.
"What are you talking about?" Naruto asked when she saw Sasuke flush red. Kurenai waved at Naruto, telling her not to worry too much about it. Naruto pouted her, Sasuke stared. She still looks as cute as the first day he saw her years ago. Man, I really want to marry her. Sasuke thought as he continued to eat his breakfast that the inn had prepared for them.

"Yuki-sama, the ninjas from Konoha has arrived." A servant announced, opening the doors wider for all of them to enter. They all bowed to her to show their respect. "This is all they gave me?" She said arrogantly, Naruto clenched her first. That girl isn't even a that important, she just happens to have a similar name to the daimyo of the country - Koyuki Kazahana. The girl just happens to be born into a rich family that was going to be doing trade with Konoha. "I assure you that we are highly skilled and will protect you at all cost." Kurenai said. The girl regarded them before her eyes landed on Sasuke. Naruto frowned, she saw that gaze and she knows what she was thinking about. Why is it always Sasuke?! Why??
Because your boyfriend is the mysterious, dark and handsome young man that he has grown to be. Kurama said smugly. Naruto sighed and looked at the statues in the area as if she was suddenly finding them really interesting. Sasuke looked at Naruto, he saw the look their client sent him and he knows that Naruto isn't happy about it. "Ooo, what's your name?" their client purred, pointing to Sasuke. The raven-haired teen had to hide his gag at her attempt at acting cute. Sasuke pretends he doesn't know she's talking to him. Naruto twitched, this would definitely be a great time if her old facade was back in a functioning mode as it would be great to annoy the shit out of the arrogant girl. Kiba saw this and he wanted to redeem himself by helping Sasuke and Naruto a little. It may not work but he saw the glint in Naruto's eyes and knew she wants to annoy their client for the fun of it but she isn't in the mood to do so. "HAHA! Told y'all I would be noticed! I'm Kiba Inuzuka." Naruto looked over to catch a wink from Kiba, her lips twitched. She was trying so hard not to laugh at the girl who was fuming. That brat is trying to reconcile. He has been trying for a while now. Kurama said gruffly. I know. I know.
After explaining to their client their plan for the trip, they set off. That is, after a few mishaps. Naruto had to pry the girl off of Sasuke but the girl would not take the hint, Sakura got into a shouting match with their client saying that Sasuke was hers and all. Naruto had to be restrained before she killed anyone.
When they were almost reaching Konoha, Sasuke noticed Naruto biting her finger as if she was nervous or worrying about something. Sasuke gently pried the hand from her mouth and held her hand. Yuki screeched and pushed Naruto away from Sasuke. "Stay away from him! He's mine." Yuki screeched, watching as Naruto stumbled. Hinata caught Naruto and steadied her. Sasuke fling her off and went to Naruto. Sasuke was about to say something when Naruto held onto a corner of his shirt. Naruto pulled him back and she stepped forward. "Naruto," Sasuke started but Naruto stopped him.
"Listen up here. This guy right here, Uchiha Sasuke, is MY boyfriend. I had a shitty life and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would appreciate it if you keep your hands to yourself. You come to Konoha for trade, not to steal people's boyfriends." Naruto growled. Their client glared, flinging her hair to her back. She leaned forward into Naruto's space. "If I want him, I get him." She said, smirking. Naruto's jaw clenched at what she said.
"Sasuke is not an object. He gets a choice." Naruto hissed, somehow what Naruto had said made their client grin widen.
"Hmpft as if there is a need to choose. Sasuke-Kun will never pick someone like you." She said proudly. Sasuke frowned, hadn't the girl been listening? This is going to be a long way back. They thought even though there was only a few kilometres left to walk.