Chapter 18

Sasuke held her hand the whole way back to their other teammates. Naruto looked so happy and content being able to be with Sasuke, just quietly walking. When they neared, Naruto's mask came back and she released Sasuke's hand. Sasuke frowned and looked at her but she avoided his gaze. Sakura immediately latched herself onto Sasuke's arm. Naruto glared daggers at Sakura when her back was turned to Naruto. Kakashi messed up her hair when he noticed the glare. "I have never seen such jealousy on your face like this before." Kakashi muttered, nudging Naruto. The blond looked away, grumbling.
"Hmpft! That freak probably is jealous that Sasuke is stronger than it." Naruto flinched when Sakura called Naruto it. She could've called her by the wrong pronoun but no! She had to insult Naruto more by calling her an 'it'. Kakashi's eyes narrowed, Sakura is pushing her luck. Sasuke's jaw clenched, ready to punch her into non-existence. Naruto shook her head at Sasuke, telling him not to do anything. Sasuke tsked at that but didn't kill Sakura right on the spot. If you wouldn't let the Uchiha kill her, I will. Kurama growled, Naruto waved him away in her head and turned her attention back to their team leader. "Tomorrow we are going on a mission, so remember! Pack enough for a week." Kakashi said, looking at Naruto.
"But I don't have that much clothing." Naruto grumbled under her breath.
"Pfft. Who asked you to spend all your money on that stupid ramen?" Sakura sneered. Naruto looked at the ground. Kakashi's fist clenched, don't hit her, don't waste your energy on such a pathetic human being. Naruto was shaking and her fist clenched so hard that blood leaked from her palm. Use my chakra and we will wipe out everyone that did you wrong. Kurama growled. Naruto ignored the furball before she straightened. "Looks like Itachi can't have his little chat with me tomorrow, ne Sasuke?" Naruto asked cheerily. Sakura frowned, her grip on Sasuke slacking slightly, allowing Sasuke to push her away. "What do you mean? Why would Itachi-sama want to chat with someone like you?"
"Come on, mum is waiting for you." Sasuke said, jerking his head in the direction of his home. Sakura gasped in happiness, thinking that Sasuke was talking to her. She was about to go to Sasuke when Naruto went to him and they started walking away. "Hey! Sasuke-kun was talking to me!" Sakura screeched in anger.
"I wasn't talking to you, Haruno." Sasuke said, taking Naruto's hand in his. Sakura gaped in horror. "Don't you dare try to break them up." A voice said icily.
"What would you know, Temari? Naruto lied to all of us about her gender, don't you know that? It's a freak. Sasuke-kun can't possibly be with Naruto, that freak isn't even worth being alive and is a waste of space." Temari turned to look at the offending voice. She glared at Kiba and the rest of the group that are mad at Naruto. "Don't you think I haven't tried?"
Temari turned, gasping. That was Naruto's voice... Naruto had heard what Kiba said as she was walking away with Sasuke. "You think, you think I haven't tried killing myself before? I tried so many fucking times!" Naruto yelled, pulling at her jacket to show her neck and her arms, it was littered with scars. "AND YET I COULDN'T DIE! Nothing I did worked. Then I didn't want people to worry so I acted like a fool, someone for people to laugh at. I had to act like everything in my life was fine and happy, like I didn't have anything to worry about! LIKE I HADN'T TRIED TO KILL MYSELF AND HAVE IT NOT WORK! Act like the stores would all accept me and let me buy things like everyone else. Like those stores wouldn't chase me out and even if they didn't, they'll overcharge me. This stupid jumpsuit cost me ¥9000*! It was the only outfit I could buy from the stores." ¥9000? That is ridiculous. That outfit when they saw it in the store was only  ¥2000*! Everyone stared at her in shock, they hadn't known about this.
"I had to starve for weeks because of this! And plus the only store that would let me in to eat was Ichiraku and you guys always complain about my diet, have you ever asked why?!" Naruto asked softly, looking at the ground. Everyone had gone eerily silent, all shocked. Team 8, 9 and 10 had been there when Sakura had thought about breaking Naruto and Sasuke up. They heard it all. "I don't, I don't know why I bothered trying at all. I don't know why I bothered being such an idiot." Naruto said, wiping away her tears. Sasuke was hurting at seeing Naruto cry like that. He hadn't known Naruto had tried to... he couldn't even bear to think about it. Sasuke gripped Naruto's hand to let her know that he was there for her. Naruto turned to Sasuke, giving him a small smile. "Thank you, Sasuke. Can you tell Mikoto-san that I can't make it for dinner? I think my crying face would put people off their dinner." Naruto said softly, Sasuke pulled her closer.
"Mum would beat me up if I failed at bringing you home today." Sasuke joked, flicking her nose, making Naruto giggle.
"I would like to see Mikoto-san beat you up." Sasuke mock glared.
"How dare you. I'm so hurt. My precious girlfriend left me to die at the hands of my mother." Sasuke gasped, holding his heart. Sasuke pulled Naruto in even closer, kissing her forehead before pulling her head to his chest. "Aniki, can you please bring my girlfriend home?" Itachi jumped down from the tree where he was watching the crowd from. His anbu mask obstructing his face. Itachi nodded and started leading Naruto to the Uchiha compound. Once Naruto was far enough away that she couldn't hear them, Sasuke lunged at Kiba. Sasuke's Sharingan flaring to life. "You fucking piece of shit! Naruto been through so much! You all know nothing about her and yet you're just here judging her!" Kakashi had to physically restrain Sasuke with Shikamaru's family jutsu's help. Kakashi quickly covered Sasuke's eyes when he saw Sasuke activating his mangekyo sharingan when he couldn't free himself.
"That's enough Sasuke. Mum wants you home." Itachi said, appearing back to the training ground where all the drama was occurring.
"But-"
"Now, Sasuke." Itachi said. The two reluctantly let Sasuke go and he disappeared with a shunshin. "I hope you guys are happy. That happy little sunshine is forever gone. Congratulations, you win." Itachi said sarcastically at the group that were hating on Naruto before he too disappeared to head home. 

------------------------------------------------
¥ 9000 is about $102 AUD
¥ 2000 is about $23 AUD