Chapter 14

Naruto appeared next to Sasuke, making him flinch. His instincts telling him to attack but the chakra next to him felt familiar. "Hello, teme." Naruto said, jokingly calling him a teme as he had deemed her presence not dangerous enough to attack.
"Dobe." Sasuke acknowledged without a bite, he interlocked their hands without looking at the blonde. He was glad that she was back next to him. "What did Gaara say?" Temari asked, wanting to know what Gaara thought about Sasuke dating his best friend. They turned their attention to her and she cleared her throat, making it seem like she was going to make a formal announcement. "Godaime Kazekage has said, and I quote, 'If he hurts a single hair on you, I will crush him.'" She finished and Sasuke raised an eyebrow.
"Okay then... I guess I cannot spar with Naruto ever again." Naruto's eyes widened, she turned to face Sasuke. "Why?"
"They are gonna skin me if I hurt a single hair on you."
"But you're the only one that gives me a proper challenge." Naruto exclaimed, looking around at her other friends for help. Sasuke shrugged. "You can challenge Neji, he'll be able to you good challenge. Block off all your chakra points with his 8 trigrams 64 palms and then juken you into tomorrow." Sasuke said, patting Naruto gently. Neji spoke up next, instead of Naruto. "Uh actually, we tried that before and Naruto still beat me."
"Temari?" Sasuke suggested, looking at the two blondes. The two women looked at each other. "We sparred before, Naruto blew me away with her wind jutsu before I could start." Temari said, trying to keep a straight face but failing because of the pun she decided to make. Shikamaru facepalmed at the bad pun, covering his smile and how that made him love her even more. "Shikamaru?"
"Uhhh. He got lazy." Naruto said, looking at the Nara who smirked, she knows him so well. Sasuke frowned, "What about Tenten?"
"I can't outlast her." Tenten said, grinning at how defeated Sasuke looks when no one could apparently give Naruto a good challenge. Tenten and Naruto sparred sometimes before, only so that Tenten could see how long she can last, it wasn't to beat Naruto.
"I think it is still better if you continue sparring with her or she's going to cry." Temari said, unable to resist the little pout Naruto was making when Sasuke had said he couldn't spar with her anymore. "Fine fine." Naruto jumped up, happy.
"There's the demon! Get it!" Naruto's eyes widened as she started backing away.
"Let's go, Naruto." Sasuke said, pulling Naruto. But the blond suddenly seems so fear stricken that she didn't even move. "Go, Sasuke!" Neji ordered, blocking the knives sent their way. The villagers weren't expecting the ninjas around the demon brat to help the demon. Sasuke scooped Naruto into his arms and shunshin home. "Tadaima!" Sasuke announced, Naruto had buried her face in the crook of his neck still shaking. "Okaeri, Sasuke, I- what happened this time?" Mikoto asked, her hands on her hips. Sasuke tried to put her down but she clutched onto the back of his neck, refusing to let go. Sasuke sighed and sat down on the couch, rocking the blond in his arms. "Some villagers saw her and wanted to kill her again. She got so scared that she didn't even move." Mikoto frowned, that's very unlike the blond.
"I will be fine, Sasuke." Naruto muttered, now embarrassed at her own inability to save herself and wants to roll away. Sasuke held onto her, kissing her forehead. "Naruto, this is my mother. Her name is Uchiha Mikoto." Naruto patted Sasuke's arm to make him let go. She rolled into a standing position before she bowed. "Nice to meet you, I am Uzumaki Naruto." Mikoto looked to Fugaku, internally squealing. Fugaku looked at her, she looked like she was about to explode from sheer happiness at meeting their son's girlfriend. Naruto straightened to see Mikoto's arms outstretched, waiting for Naruto to come to her. Naruto looked at Sasuke and he nodded, telling Naruto that it is okay to hug his mom and that it isn't disrespectful. Naruto gingerly went to Mikoto and she engulfed Naruto in a bear hug, lifting the girl off her feet and twirling them around. "I'm so happy to see you! You are so grown up now!" Sasuke looked at her, does she know about Naruto's parents? Does that mean she met Naruto before? Naruto smiled at her, Naruto doesn't seem to react to the statement about being all grown up. Does she think that is a normal response or? Sasuke looked at his dad, he looks like he is waiting for something. "Naruto? This is my dad, his name is Uchiha Fugaku. Mom, you have to let Naruto go."
"NO! She's my precious." Mikoto carried Naruto to Fugaku, who stood up. Naruto would bow but Mikoto is making it hard for her, so she stretched an arm out for a handshake. "Nice to meet you, I am Uzumaki Naruto." Fugaku took her hand and shook it. Good firm handshake, good. Fugaku thought, pleased.
"Tadaima." Itachi announced, back from his patrol around the forest of Konoha. Mikoto ran towards the front door with Naruto still clutched in her arms. "Okaeri! Look! Sasuke's girlfriend." Mikoto said proudly, holding Naruto out a little.
"Hello, Naru-chan." Itachi greeted, giving her a light tap with two fingers on her forehead. Naruto rubbed her forehead, greeting Itachi, "hey Itachi-kun." Mikoto wanted to carry Naruto to the other Uchiha houses to show her off but Fugaku had stepped in to save the day, saying food needs to be prepared while nodding his head towards Naruto. Mikoto blinked before she gasped, she had gotten too excited that she forgot she was preparing for Naruto's birthday. "To the kitchen!" She announced, marching towards the kitchen before she marched back out with Naruto. She put Naruto down, patting the child's head before rushing back to the kitchen. "Happy birthday Naru-chan." Itachi muttered, kneeling in front of her to be the same height. Naruto made a face and pulled him onto the couch. "Don't kneel, don't kneel. You're not supposed to kneel in front of me." Itachi looked to his father and brother, who had watched the exchange with a frown, it seemed so drilled into Naruto that no one should ever kneel, especially not to her.