chapter 2

I turn off my buzzing alarm. 

"Ugh." 

I feel like I haven't slept. As I am getting out of bed I realize that Nate and I are graduating today I am so excited. I really need to figure out what I am going to wear.

"Hmm." I say as I pull out my black sleeveless belted chiffon dress with my black stripy heels. I really can't wait to see Nate.

As I am finishing my hair, I put a little light make up on. I hear the door bell.

It must be Nate we have to be at school in about 15 minutes.

"Hey Emma." He grinned. As I am about to say hi, I look up from the mirror. 

‘Oh gosh!’ I thought to myself. Nate was standing in the doorway. He was sporting gray dress pants, black button dress shirt fitting perfectly and a gray tie. He looks so yummy to eat.

"Emma. You know you can take a picture? It will last longer." Nate said with a smirk.

"Yeah ok." I said, teasingly pulling out my cell-phone.

"Are you about ready?" Nate said

"Yes." I stand up from in front of the mirror. Looking once again to see if everything is perfect.

I am about to walk to the door where Nate is still standing, I am looking at him and his mouth his just hung open wide.

"Nate you can stop drooling." I said,

"Emma, you are absolutely gorgeous." He said with his eyes scanning my outfit.

I feel my cheeks flame. I’m probably blushing. My heart is beating fast with every breath.

"Thank you Nate." I said.

"Well lets go graduate." Nate said.

"I take your parents are going to meet us there?" I asked, thinking about his lovely family.

"Yeah they will be sitting with your family." Nate explained.

I grab my cap and gown and he head out the door. When we get to the school, we had our caps and gowns in hand.

"Nate I am going to the restroom I'll be right back." I said.

"Ok I'll be right here." Nate said, pulling his gown on.

I am in the restroom fixing my cap so it looks just right, I pulled my gown on. Well here goes nothing.

As I walk back into the gym I see Nate in his cap and gown. If he only knew what I wanted to do to him.

Nate doesn't know yet  that I want more than a best friend  friendship.

Nate POV

Wow I couldn't believe how Emma looked when I picked her up at her house. Just absolutely breathtaking. 

Emma doesn't know how I truly feel. I have loved Emma since we were in the 5th grade. I know that I have been on a few dates but they were nothing serious. I have only kissed the girls on the cheeks nothing else felt right.

When I see Emma coming from the restrooms, I tried to compose myself. I know we are going to be sharing an apartment when we get up to U of M. I am hoping by the time we get there she will be my girlfriend and hopefully my future wife. I know only time will tell. 

I really want to tell Emma how I feel tonight but I am just so nervous. We have a party after graduation I don't think that will be a very good time. I think I  am going to try and plan and special date to tell her how I truly feel. 

Emma's POV.

I walk back into the gym and see Nate deep in thought. I wonder what he is thinking.

"All seniors time to line up in alphabetical order."  Mr. Jacobs said.

"I'll be cheering for you, Nate" I told him, softly.

'Same here." Nate said with a little smile. Then all the sudden I felt big strong arms wrapped around me, Nate was giving me a warm hug. A little too warm. I don’t want  to move. 

"I'll meet you right here afterwards." Nate said and with that he let go and gave me a soft kiss on the lips.

"Ok." I said, bewildered. I was still in shock that was my first kiss. Yes it was a small soft kiss but it still was the a kiss. I was having butterflies going crazy right now.

'Seth Regan.'  Mr. Jacobs said, calling another senior to the stage.

"Emma Reid." Mr. Jacobs said, I start walking across the stage and all I hear is Nate cheering. I couldn't help but blush. As I grab my diploma, I look over and see Nate with a massive grin. Gosh I love him.

"Nate Sanders.' Mr. Jacobs said. Nate was walking across the stage and I was wolf whistling. Oh did Nate’s cheeks turn red? I just couldn't help myself.

Finally after the last student got their diploma, Mr. Jacobs congratulated the class of 2014. We threw our hats in the air. I personally didn’t throw mine that high. I just wanted to go and see Nate. 

We met at the place where we were meeting, I gave him a big hug. Nate was about to say something then our parents found us and said their congrats. 

'Are you for the after party?'  I asked.

"Yep" He replied, popping the p.

We get to the after party and have a time of our lives.

A/N: A LITTLE TEASER, NEXT CHAPTER THE DATE!