9. A New, and I must say Handsome, Acquaintance

| Edited |

Chapter Nine

"He's your cousin?"

"Yeah..his father is my mother's brother?"

"Damn, the whole fam's here, huh?"

Alexander and Jayson tilt their heads as they looked at me clueless.

"Fam?"

I snort to myself as I look up. "Sorry..nevermind."

Jayson smiles and offers his hand.

"Cassandra....would you like to dance?"

My eyes widen and I look over at Alexander and smile.

"Sure."

I chug my champagne down and I stand up from my seat.

"Let's go."

I give him my hand and he takes it. As he takes my hand, he bends down and kisses it.

"Oh my.."

As he looks up my cheeks start to warm up.

I roll my eyes over at Alex and he looks at us in envy...it was quite hilarious. I wink at Alexander as I walk away.

Jayson leads me to the dance floor and he turns me around and pulls me closer to his body and rests his hands on my hips.

We dance to the soft jazz music behind us. I move my left foot and then my right foot. Left foot, right foot. Left foot, right foot.

I try to not mess up anything and I feel Jayson smiling as he looks down at me.

He was staggering tall compared to me. I look into his eyes as they are a beautiful hazel combination and they were perfect match with his light olive skin. He turns me around and I come back to him in awe.

"Hey, I have a boyfriend, you know."

"Of course someone beautiful as you is taken."

I roll my eyes and I continue to move my feet in a unison pattern.

I look down at my feet and I concentrate on getting this dance right and not messing anything else.

"Wow, you're a smooth dancer."

"I'm just not trying to mess up."

I look up as he smiles showing perky, pearly whites.

"Oh my god." I whisper

He was handsome...no scratch that he was fine! I don't know about me and my white boys but since all the black ones in my school ignored and tortured me..I guess they're my type.

I look around to see intimate couples twirling with themselves and looking rather romantic.

I smile to myself as I turn my head looking the other way.

I see Alex standing near the bar watching Jayson and I. He soon sees me staring at him. He lightly nods his head as he winks at me. He chugs down a brown liquid in a tiny glass. He plops it down as he turns back at us to stare blankly at me.

"Eww."

"What?"

I look up to see Jayson looking down at me as we swayed.

"Oh nothing."

He ignores what I say and It seems like he follows my eyes to see Alexander watching.

"I guess we have a fan."

I away as he taps my right shoulder lightly.

"Get ready."