17 ; anchor

17 ANCHOR

December 29, 1992

It's official, I guess.
I'm pregnant. Preggers. Knocked-up. Preggo.
Whatever you want to call it, that's me.
The Kidwell's invited over a witch who specializes in telling this sort of stuff, and she gave me the big, old check mark.
I'm going to be a mom.

"Hey, Isaac," Elise chimed, the steam from her coffee cup filtering through the air to frame her face as she walked through the halls of her home. She spun on the balls of her feet, twisting to get past the boy in the narrow hallway.

It had been a few weeks since they'd defeated Jennifer and the Alpha pack. Thus far, the only repercussions had been because of the ritual Stiles, Scott, and Allison had undergone to find the exact location of the Nemeton. They'd all been experiencing strange flashes of what Scott described to Elise as 'looking into the heart of darkness'. It seemed that Stiles had gotten the worst of it though, as the boy had admitted to experiencing terrifying nightmares surrounding the Nemeton.

"Hi," Isaac replied. He seemed distracted, so Elise slowed slightly, her brows quirking upward.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

Isaac nodded. "Great," he replied before turning to resume his journey down the hall. Elise watched as he slowed to a stop before Scott's door, raising his hand hesitantly to knock.

The brunette shrugged, deciding not to press the subject as she turned to make her way to her room. She pushed open the door to her room with her hip and placed the steaming cup of coffee down on her nightstand.

Suddenly, a loud noise sounded from down the hall. Elise's lips formed a thin line as she poked her head out of her doorway, her eyes landing on the source of the commotion. Isaac slid down the wall, a picture clattering to the floor from his forceful impact.

"Hey!" Elise scolded."No fighting in the house. I'm not replacing another window."

From the bottom of the stairs, Melissa McCall's voice sounded, "You guys, this house does not have the supernatural ability to heal!"

"Sorry," Isaac called, pushing himself up from the floor.

Elise rolled her eyes at the boys as she turned back to her room, closing the door behind her.

"Alright, you've got your toothbrush, deodorant, shirts-" Elise's list was interrupted as Derek stepped forward, wrapping his arms around her waist. He rested his chin on her shoulder as he looked down at the bag that rested on his bed.

"I've packed a bag before, you know," he chuckled. The brunette craned her neck to look at the man, a small smile making its way onto her lips. Derek was leaving later that day to go to Mexico with Peter. He was meant to return in a few days.

"I know," Elise hummed, pulling his arms from her waist so that she could turn to face him. She leaned in, their lips brushing briefly before she suddenly pulled away, her eyes wide. "You forgot to pack snacks!" she exclaimed. "Do you have granola bars or something?" Elise questioned, turning to rush toward the kitchen.

Derek chuckled slightly before following after the brunette, a humorous glint in his eyes. They made their way to the small kitchen of the loft and Elise began rummaging through the cabinets in search of the perfect road trip snack. "Found them!" Elise exclaimed triumphantly, showing Derek the box of granola bars. Her brows furrowed slightly as she looked at the box. "I don't think one will be enough. I have a feeling Peter likes to snack."