03 ; what's the worst that could happen?

03 WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?

"What do you say, Dad?" Elise spoke quietly, holding the stuffed rabbit in her hands as she sat with her legs crossed on her bed. She had no need to speak quietly, as her mother was at work and Scott had gone with Stiles to a party. Yet, it felt as if it were something that she should do anyway. "Should we see what your baby-momma has to say?"

According to Melissa McCall, all that they had taken from Perry's home after he'd died was the stuffed rabbit and a handful of baby supplies. The latter of which was obviously no longer in the McCall home. Picasso's button eyes gleamed in the dimly lit room, the only thing connecting Elise to the life she could've had. That and the freaky powers.

Elise cracked open the journal that sat next to her on the bed, placing Picasso there instead.

October 12, 1991

Perry said that I should get a journal to write down all of my visions in. I told him that my memory was the best, that I remember every vision I've ever had. He insisted, though. I know that he just wants to help. He knows that the visions take a toll on me sometimes. He even went out and bought me this old thing. I guess I should probably use it for something.

Elise smiled lightly as she read the first entry. It was so bittersweet. It made Elise wish that she'd known her father. She shook away those feelings, knowing that grieving for someone that she never knew wouldn't help her in the slightest. She moved on to the next entry.

November 2, 1991

Marcus is such an ass. I should've known that he'd cheated us. I'd warned him. "I'll know if you cheat us, Marcus," I'd said. "I can see everything that you do with just a blink of the eye."
Of course, he didn't believe me. I mean, who would? Clairvoyants aren't supposed to be able to control what they see. "I can," I'd told him.
God, was he surprised when Perry and I showed up, ready to kick some ass. Of course, Perry, being the guy he is, managed to talk Marcus down so that there was no fighting and we managed to get the right ingredient for free.
That makes it the first and last time I work with someone who trades magical supplies on the down low. I hope he'll definitely think twice about selling the wrong ingredients to a witch- especially a Kidwell. Harper nearly lost her eyebrow when her incantation went to shit.
Now that I think about it, they probably could come up with some spell to fix a missing eyebrow.
I guess this journal did come in handy. Turns out all of that bullshit about "writing your feelings" isn't actually bullshit.
Maybe I'll keep this thing.

Elise's eyes kept skipping back to the first few lines. "'I can see everything you do with just a blink of the eye,'" she read aloud, the words running through her mind. "'Clairvoyants aren't supposed to be able to control what they see... I can.'"

Deaton seemed thoroughly convinced that Everett was Elise's birth mother. She wondered if perhaps she were able to control what she witnessed in visions. Her mind trailed back to Isaac. He still had no memory of what had happened to him after the Alphas had taken him. Elise wondered if she could tap into her powers intentionally to remember for him. She'd done it accidentally in the basement of his old home. How much harder could it be to do it intentionally?

Elise dropped the journal onto the covers of her bed, rushing to her nightstand and dialing Derek's number.

"Hey," he answered. "What's up?"

"I think I know how to get Isaac's memories back."

"Are you sure about this?" Derek asked, concern etched onto his features as Elise took a seat next to Isaac in Deaton's operating room. Scott and Stiles hung over Elise's shoulder as Deaton skimmed through the journal entries that Elise had shown him.