Chapter 5: DADDY?!

Chapter 5

A/N I know I ended the last chapter in a really weird spot…with Anna vomiting and Jake cleaning her up lol! But I thought it was sweet and idk! I hope you like this new chapter tho!!!

“Are you okay?” I asked Anna as we sat down at the top step of the staircase. I was rubbing her back for comfort.

“Yeah, I’m sorry, it wasn’t you or anythi-“

“Don’t worry about it, I know that my room can be kind of gross to anyone who knows the story of what happened to my mom,” I said, cutting her off.

She said nothing, she only stared at the front door that was directly in front of us, down the stairs.

The doorbell rang and there was a constant knocking that made both of us jump.

“Shit! That must be Eric,” I told her as I stood up.

She looked up at me and pulled on my pant leg. She looked so sad all of a sudden. I can’t believe I screwed this chick up in only a matter of hours!

“Hold on! I’ll be there in a sec!” I yelled at the door before crouching down to look Anna in the eyes. She’s so pretty. I gave her a caring smile and she returned it with a weak half smile. That smile ripped my heart out and I felt a tear escape my eye.

I didn’t let her see, though. That smile was so similar to the one mom…God! I can’t keep killing myself like this!

I went down the stairs and opened the door to see Eric smiling like a fool. I laughed and let him in.

“DUDE!!! WAZZZAAAA----“

“Shhhhhh!” I hushed him with my index finger in the air.

“Sorry!” he whispered, “Wazzaaap?” he said again, but this time it was hushed.

I laughed at him and punched his arm in a friendly way.

“Nothing, man, but I don’t think it’s a very good time right now,” I told him. I didn’t want to tell him that Anna just barfed or anything!

“Why not?” Anna asked as she came down the stairs with a bright smile.

I smiled back at her, somewhat confused.

“Yeah, why not, J-Mart?” he asked, pushing me aside and walking up to Anna. He held his hand out and she took it. He kissed her hand gently and smiled up at her where she was standing on the third step up the staircase.

“Hi,” she said casually.

“Hello, beautiful,” he said letting go of her hand, “My name is Eric. Let me just ask you, did it hurt?” he asked her, running his fingers through is dirty blonde hair.

“Oh God,” I mumbled. I turned away from the scene as if it was a car wreck bound to happen…which it was.

“Oh, did it hurt?” she repeated, “When I fell from heaven? No, not at all.” My mouth dropped. “You see, I was only visiting heaven, I really came from hell!” she whispered harshly in his face with an evil smirk.

He laughed, nervously scratching his head, “That one usually works.”

“Yeah, except I’ve heard it three times this month!” Anna laughed. “By the way, why did you call him ‘J-Mart?” she giggled.

“His name is Jake Martin! Ha! I call him J-Mart, ‘cause we met at K-Mart! It’s a really funny story…” he started babbling.

I just stood there amazed. Usually Eric was the best at “chick charming”! I’ve never seen him fail with a new girl. The only problem with his methods is that he kind of forgets what girls he has hit on previously and he gets into a lot of trouble sometimes.

“Wow! The infamous Eric gets rejected!” a familiar voice yelled from behind me.

I saw Anna’s eyes get wide.

“Uh, welcome home, Dad,” I said slowly.

“Hey, kiddo,” he said, ruffling my hair as he went into the kitchen and sat down at the table.

Anna looked at me with fear in her eyes.

“Hold on, okay?” I whispered.

Eric looked confused, glancing back and forth between Anna and me.

I walked over to my dad cautiously. He looks…sober? “Dad? Where were you?” I asked him with a light smile. I tried to smell to see if there was any scent of liquor on him. NOTHING!

“Job interview. I think I might have this one, Jakey. Don’t worry, I’ve got this…one…” all of a sudden he passed out cold on the table!

“DAD!” I screamed. I started shaking him. “DAD! NO! DAD! DADDY! WAKE UP!! DAD!!” I kept screaming.

He was still breathing, but he isn’t responding at all!

“DAD!” I yelled again.

“Jake,” Anna said calmly from behind me.

I turned quickly with tears falling from my eyes.

“I called 911. Everything is going to be okay,” she said as she walked up to me. She reached up and placed her hands on my shoulders, “It’s going to be okay.”

MAN!!!! WHAT A CRAZY DAY!!!!! What the hell is wrong with Jake’s dad??? What is gonna happen next??? I DON’T EVEN KNOW!!!!!! 0.0 LOL! VOTE COMMENT AND EAT YOUR VEGITABLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! …except sweet potatoes…those are icky!  XP