Chapter 3: Mommy?

Girl in the pic is supposed to look some what like Anna, but Anna has purple highlights!

Hey, guys! New chapter! I'm super exited! Julianna helped me with some of the ideas for this one, like the eye color and some of the parts with his mother...I dont want to ruin the chapter for you though, so......................................................HAPPY READING!!!!!!! (= 

Btw, I haven't updated my other stories in a while and trust me I am working on it! I was actually supposed to finish Chapter 4 of Dance on my Heart before this one, but I figured-WHO CARES?! This is about a hot scene kid!!!! I promis i will have chapter 4 of DOMH up as soon as possible, but for now, enjoy Chapter three of JAEBR!!!!

Chapter 3

“W-what?” I stuttered, knowing exactly what she had just asked me.

“What was your childhood like?” she asked again, resting her head in her hands with her elbows on her knees.

We were sitting at one of the three benches in the small park. I looked around where I saw little Ashley running and playing with the young boy, Cameron.

“Well,” I started, still unsure of myself, “I guess now is as good a time as ever.”

I want to know this girl, but if she gets to know me...she might not want to be around me.

“What do you mean?” she asked with a confused expression.

I sighed, “I didn’t have a great childhood. I mean, everything was fine...before I turned thirteen...my mother...she had a lot of trouble with drugs and depression, before...well, I’ll get into that in a second. She seemed as though she was just fatigued from work when she was actually coming down from a high. She was such a good person. She loved her job and she loved her family...”

*****Flashback*****

“Mom! I’m going to the store with Dad, okay?” I asked Mom. She was sitting at the table with tired eyes and a weak smile.

“Okay, sweetheart, I’ll see you in a little while,” I ran up to her and gave her a warm hug and skipped out of the house, waving a loving goodbye to my mother.

“Dad, what’s wrong with Mom? She’s been acting really weird lately. Is she gonna be okay?” I asked my dad as I hopped into the mini van.

My dad looked really...depressed, like something was wrong with her, and by the look of it...it was something that couldn’t be fixed. He said nothing the whole way to the store.

When we pulled into the parking lot, I decided to ask again, “Dad?”

“Listen, Jakey, your mother has just been feeling a little down lately, okay? There’s nothing to worry about. She will be back to normal in no time,” he smiled. That smile was fake, though. I knew, even at thirteen, that whenever Dad smiled like that...he was faking.

We went into the store and were on our way back, “Okay, you go on inside, there isn’t much here. I’ll take care of it,” my dad offered as we pulled into the driveway.

I smiled and ran inside, hoping to see my mother, smiling in front of the fireplace with a nice hot cup of tea in her hands. Her skin pale, but fair as snow. Her black hair would have fallen in long beautiful strands away from her messy bun, and her jade eyes would have shined brighter than ever when I entered.

No.

That’s not what I saw. When I walked into my home that day I walked in to see my mother, standing in the middle of the living room with blood running down her arms. There was a large cut going all the way down her left arm and another long cut going down her right leg. There were smaller cuts everywhere else, letting out less blood than the larger ones.

Her jade eyes were wild and there was a light smile on her rosy red lips. She looked as though she had just escaped an insane asylum.

“M-Mommy?” was all I could let out. I couldn’t move. I was traumatized, staring at the blood covered knife that still remained in her hand.

I heard Dad coming up the porch steps and apparently...so did she.

“I love you so much, Jakey,” was the last thing she said to me before slitting her throat with her good arm, right in front of me and my father.

Dad dropped the groceries at the door and ran towards me pulling me away from my dying mother. He didn’t want me to touch her! He wanted that last hug I gave her, before leaving for the store, to be our last touch...not her dying in my arms.

I cried all night and all day the next day, the day after that and so on.

*******

“I didn’t know what to do,” I continued, coming out of my flashback. “Now my father is a damned drunk who can’t even hold a stable job. He used to be a lawyer before what happened, and he was a damn good one at that,” I smiled. I used to be proud of my father before Mom died. I used to get along with him too.

I looked over at Anna. She was---CRYING?!

“Wha--- wait a second, don’t cry! I’m so sorry,” I panicked. I didn’t want to make her cry. She was the one who wanted to know what my childhood was like! Dammit! I always f*** things up!

“No,” she said wiping away a tear, “I’m just so sorry.”

She jolted her body towards mine and hugged me tight. I hugged back, and before I even realized it, I was crying too.

“Do you want to be friends?” she asked me, pulling away from a hug that I wasn’t ready to end.

I wiped my face off quickly, “Uhh, yeah, I mean, if you want to.”

“Yes! Now we’re friends,” she smiled.

Damn, she is so cute...but...friends?

“So, wait, your mother had jade eyes? But your eyes are-”

“They’re both. If you look closely, you can see that there are two distinct colors separated. The jade on the inner part is from my mother and the dark blue on the outer is from my father,” I didn’t like the fact that my eyes were different from other people. Having two eye colors is weird.

“That’s so...”

“Weird? I know,” I cut her off.

“No, they’re pretty. You can really see that there is a separation there. That is so interesting.” She climbed on top of me one leg on either side of my own. My eyes wide, she looked into them.

“Y-you’re a little close, huh?” I asked, trying not to get over exited about her position.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she blushed. I don’t even think she had noticed what she was doing before I pointed it out.

“It’s fine-” Cause, when it feels like a kick in the teeth, I can take it! “Damn phone, Hello?” I motioned to Anna that I was sorry and that it would only take a minute.

<Yo! I see you and your girl! She’s hot! You know I just love red heads!> Of course it was Eric.

I looked over at the white pedo van that was only about 200 feet away from Anna and I, “Oh you can see me?”

<Yeah, man! Can’t you see me waving at you?>

I did. “Oh, yeah! I can see you! Hey can you see this?” I hung up the phone and flipped him off. He did the same in return, smiling like an idiot.

“We’d better get out of here, like, now. I don’t really need you meeting Eric at the moment. He’s kind of an ass.”

“Okay, well, let’s go! Ashley! C-mon! We’re leaving!” Anna yelled to her sister.

“With the giant cootie?!” she yelled.

“Great,” I sighed, “now I’m a giant cootie!” I face-palmed myself before running over to Ashley and picking her up. I threw her over my shoulder and started walking toward my house. Anna just laughed and followed me.