{Chapter XI} | At Least Stay

Sitting up in bed, London brings her hands up to her eyes and she wipes at them drowsily.  A yawn seeps from her mouth and her ears perk up at the sound of something rattling on the floor. She tosses the covers to the side and she crawls towards the foot of her bed, looking in the direction of the sound, and then a small smile finds itself on her face.

The empty carton of icecream that she and Zayn ate out of is resting on top of his head and his tag wags from side to side underneath it, clearly stuck. She reaches her arm downwards, she takes it off his head, and then she inwardly groans when she sees all the dried up icecream on his face.

Setting the carton to the side and picking Taco off the floor, her mind wanders back to the kiss she shared with Zayn in the morning.

His lips, soft and warm, plants open mouthed kisses along the side of my neck and his stubble tickles the side of my face. He tilts his head to the side and his trail of kisses skim over my collarbones before his lips nearly crash against mine once again. Kissing him back with the same amount of force, I run my fingers through his dark hair, eliciting a subtle throaty moan to dismiss from his mouth and into still air around us both.

His fingers fumble with the hem of my shirt and before his hands themselves can slide underneath my shirt, I stop him. Placing my hands on top of his, I slide his hands down my thighs until the rest upon my knees and then I break away from the kiss.

“I’m sorry . . . I just don’t feel comfortable with your hands on me . . .” I say and my voice somehow drones out towards the end.

The only person that has ever touched me intimately was Harry and he’s probably going to be the only one to ever do that. It just doesn’t feel right having someone else’s hands on me besides his.

“You’re an amazing kisser but I feel so guilty deep down even though I’m not in a relationship anymore,” I say. “And I have these feelings that won’t subside and I don’t want to stir you in the wrong direction.”

“I should be apologizing, not you,” Zayn says. “And if anyone was leading anyone on, it was me, and I shouldn’t have had because I’m well aware of the fact that you still have feelings for Harry. And now that I think of it, I violated our bro code.”

“Yeah, you kind of did,” I say.

“But honestly, I don’t give a f uck. I don’t regret kissing you,” he says. “You’re tempting. It would’ve been idiotic of me to pass up on an offer like that.”

“So you’re trying to say that breaking the bro code on certain occasions is legitimate?”

He nods. “Hell f ucking yeah,” he says and I roll my eyes. “I couldn’t’ve said it any better myself.”

Grabbing my spoon and handing him his, I smile. “That’s nice to know but you want to know what would be even more amazing to do right now?”

He looks at me humorously while taking grasp of his spoon. “Having sex? Then yes, that would be even more amazing right about now.”

I laugh. “I was actually referring to eating the icecream since having sex with you couldn’t be an option because you have a vagina.”

“Bullshit,” he says. “I never f ucking said that.’

I raise my eyebrows up at him. “And you never denied it either.”

He swipes one of his fingers across the lid of the icecream and he dabs it on her nose, making her face scrunch up. “You’re not funny, London.”