{Chapter X} | Not Like That

A/N 

It's too late for me to think of a question( it's 3am)so i'll just share a story with you guys lol

Okay, well one day my sister and i were shopping and we both went into the changing room to try on our clothes.  She went inside before me so i had to wait a while before going inside and trying my clothes on. Soo... i tried on this outfit and i was like "Kayla this looks so cute, do you want to see it?" and i heard her say "Yeah" so OMFG i like got on the ground and i saw these bare feet and they looked exactly like my sisters so i touched them and the lady screamed so loud

OMFG IT WAS SOO EMBARASSING I WAS LIKE SECONDS AWAY FROM CRAWLING UNDERNEATH THE CHANGING ROOM STALL AND IT WASN'T EVEN MY SISTER

I'VE NEVER CHANGED OUT OF CLOTHES SO FAST BEFORE IN MY LIFE AND I RAN OUT OF THE STORE

OMG

lol my life is so crazy i CANT

love, katie xx

It’s a very simple question yet it throws London off as soon as the phase leaves Zayn’s mouth and it feels like a million eyes are on her when in reality, it’s only his hazel ones. When he said that some of the questions were going to be personal, he most definitely wasn’t sugarcoating it. If the option were given, she would rather have him ask what her bra size was instead of those four words—are you a virgin.

After a moment, she finally says, “Yes, I am.”

Her thick eyebrows, creased together as if in deep concentration, and an expressionless face would’ve influenced anyone into believing that she was lying. However, after being around her several times, Zayn’s able to perceive the underlining certainty that laces itself in her words. “That was a pretty blunt question and I should’ve given you a heads up or something.”

She nods her head in agreement. “A heads up would have been amazing but it’s alright.”

“Yeah, I don’t even know why that question is on the paper,” he says. He shakes his head from left to right. “It’s fairly irrelevant but our teacher ‘insists’ that we ask these questions so were able to accumulate all of this data and create statistics and if you ask me, I think it’s stupid. They situated me inside of that classroom by an accident and since I transferred in late, they couldn’t do anything about it, which was complete bullshit.”

London laughs. “I guess getting shitty classes are the perks of being a late transferee,” she says.

“They are,” he says. He peers back down at the paper and his eyes skim over the next question. “If women were able to switch roles with men, do you think they would be able to sustain the pressure and provide for their family?”

“Of course they can,” she says. “Do you have any idea how many single mothers there are out here? They work themselves to the bone working 24/7, take care of their children to the best of their ability, pay all of their bills and utilities, and despite all of that, some of them are in school,  trying to make the best of themselves and I admire that so much. We’re in the 21st century, and women are able to make themselves financially stable with or without a man and I would personally enjoy slapping anyone who doesn’t think so.”

The corners of Zayn’s lips tug upwards and into a smile as he jots down her response. She’s strongly opinionated and he finds that very attractive about her. In his eyes, not being afraid of voicing your opinion and standing up for what you believe in is one of the most beautiful things in the world. “What are three things that you fear the most in this life?”