He's My Mate! Chapter 36

Chapter 36: What A Night!

"Charlene talk to me,please." my mom pleaded,seated beside me on my bed.

She had found me crying horribly on my bed like I had lost a loved one. But it wasn't like I hadn't.

I had lost Jonathan and it hurt. My heart ached and I couldn't stop crying ever since he had walked otut on me.

I missed him so much.Every fibre of my being yearned for him,his touch,his presence and everything about him.

He hadn't been to school ever since our argument and all I could do was sit here and regret telling him the truth. I knew it was gonna be like that,iI just didn't expect him to run away like I was some sort of a monster...then again,I am a monster according to him.

It was a saturday and all I could do was stay in bed and cry my eyes out like I had been doing for the whole week. Jonathan was all I could think of,I cried myself to sleep every night thinking of him and he was the first thing in my mind when I woke up.It hurt and it was gradually killing me.

I managed to avoid Jess all week so that I wouldn't be obliged to answer her questions about my sucky moods. And now,my mom wants answers.

"Mom Im fine." I said sobbing. How stupid of me. Here I am crying my eyes out and I'm trying to convince the only person who knows me the most that I'm fine.

"Come on Charlene. You know you can always talk to me." my mom said soothingly,stroking my hair out of my face.

"Mom could....you..." I paused for a deep breath,trying to stop the tears that were pouring out of my eyes uncontrollably. But no matter how much I tried I could never stop them. The pain was just too much for me to bear.

"Could you please leave?" I spoke pleadingly. I just wanted to be alone,like I had been the entire week and unfortunately my mom being the workaholic she is,never noticed.

"Is it the new school?" she asked,concern written all over her face,but there was no way I was going to tell her what was going on.

"Do you hate the new scool sweetheart?" she continued. I shook my head and pulled the covers on my face,hoping she'll leave me alone.

"I'm not going until you tell me what's going on."

I guess I was wrong. There was no way she was going to leave me alone. I tend to forget how pushy she can be sometimes.

I pulled the covers off,"Mom I'm fine,I just need to be alone. So please give me some space and when time's right I'll tell you everything." I pleaded with her.

She seemed to be thinking about it for some time,"At least tell me it's not school..."

"It has nothing to do with school,I promise....and I think I've been there for too long to have any issues with the place." I reassured her.

"I love you so much Charlene and I want you to know that.I know I haven't been there for you for the past months but I'm here now and anything you can count on me like old days,okay?" She spoke looking me in the eyes intently and I could see the honesty in her words.

"I know and I love you too mom." I sat up and hugged her tightly. Something about mother's hugs always made the world seem like a better place and that's what I felt everytime I hugged my mom,I felt like I was something so special and significant and that no matter what was going on,I will get through it.

We broke apart after some time and she stroked my cheek lovingly. She reluctantly stood up and left my room.

Immidiately after the door was shut,I broke down again. Everytime I thought of him,the only thing I managed to do was sob and feel sorry for my poor self. At least during the week I had some work to keep me busy and this was the second weekend I was spending without knowing where he was.