He's My Mate! Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Goodnight kiss.

"I don't think it's right for you to blame yourself...it's not like you planned for it to happen." I said,looking into Mr Garner's deep blue eyes across his table,holding his hand.

He just shrugged,keeping his head down.

We were now sitting opposite each other on his table after he had told me why he was crying.

Apparently today was his father's death anniversary. His father died six years ago in a car accident and Mr Garner was the driver of the car.

He went out with his friends one night when his father had told him not to. When his dad came home to find him not there,he went to look for him.He found him at a house party,drunk and high on drugs.

When his dad found him with his friend Joe doing drugs,he grabbed Joe by his shirt and pushed him against a wall,and when he tried punching him,he punched a wall and broke his hand.

He was unable to drive them back home so Jonathan was forced to drive...in the state he was in.

On the way he lost control of the car and they crashed head-on with a tree.unfortunately his dad died that night and ever since then he's been living with the guilt of his father's death.

No one in his family blames him for it,but he seem to believe that a part of his mom still blames him for their loss.

I did understand what he was going through,since I lost my father too but I can't say I know what its like to feel like you're the one responsible for your own father's death.

I didn't know what to say or do...

"I think we should just go home." I spoke after a long uncormfortable silence.

He shook his head,"Nah...we need to do this,for your sake."he replied,still not looking at me.

"It's cool,we can always cover up next time,I need to be some where anyways."

Truth is,I had nowhere to be,I just needed to escape the moment.

"Where?" he asked unexpectedly.

"Well..uhm...I was planning on watching a movie..." Movie? Realy Charlene? You hate movies...

I mentally cursed myself for being so stupid.

"Can I join you or..."he asked,again unexpectedly.

"I-er...It's just..."

I stutered,not knowing what to say. I mean,I hate movies and if I told him I was just kidding,it would seem like I did not want to be with him,which was not true because all I want to do is just spend time with him and talk to him about anything and everything...

"It's okay if you don't want to...let me take you home."

He spoke and started packing his things up fromhis table. I could see a bit of sadness in his eyes as he was busy putting his books in his bag.

I nodded silently,piercing my lips together and then started packing up my stuff as well.

I realy hated the fact that I couldn't cheer him up,but I didn't know him too well and my wolf kept attempting to just embrace him tightly and assure him that everything was gonna be okay.

As we walked silently to his car,I walked behind him and coudn't help but smile at his sexy ass.

Ugh...I'm so stupid to think that,I mean the guy is very upset and I'm thinking about his ass.

As we heade to the parking lot,he took out his car keys from his back pocket clumsily,dropping them in the process...

I quickly rushed to his side and picked them up for him...

As I stood up,my eyes caught his blue ones and I felt what was like an electic cureent running through my whole body...the feeling of just staring in his eyes was beyond my comprehension. He electrifies me.

"You know what.." I spoke as he averted his eyes from mine and walked to the car.

He stopped and turned to look at me,not directly but he was facing me.

"You can join me.I insist." I gave him a smile which he did not return.

"Ugh..I don't think that's a good idea."He replied,looking down.

"Didn't you just hear me...I said I insist so that means you can't say no,so we're going to watch a movie together." I tossed him his keys and he managed to catch them.

"Okay,if you're sure..." he replied unlocking the car doors and I walked over to the other side.

"I'm positive." I smiled at him again and this time he returned it.

We got into his oh-so-amazing car and he drove out of the parking lot.

Feeling comfortable as we heaaded out of the school,I turned on the radio and as if Katy Perry's The One That Got Away was playing.

He flashed me a sad smile before looking back at the road.

"You know,you don't have to feel bad for what happened in class.I realy don't mind." I said,feeling the need to tell him that I realy didn't mind him crying in front of me at all.

"Like I said before I wasn't crying...It was just..."He trailed off,not knowing what else to say presumably.

"I didn't say you were crying,I just said 'what happened in your class'..."

"I know you think I was but I wasn't,I'm man enough to cry..."

"Oh so now you can read my thoughts?" I replied sarcastically.

"Are you trying to be funny?" He mocked,smiling faintly.

"Maybe..."I replyd