25. Saying goodbye

Okay, so you guys really need to listen to this song while you're reading. It gives the full experience, and I will HIGHLY recommend it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBUmlrjOMO8

-----------------------------------------

To my surprise the sun was already up. I couldn’t deny that I’d fallen a sleep at the end, but I didn’t care that much. Liam was beside me and was breathing heavily.

“Hi,” a voice said and I looked up. Her black hair was a mess and she held her shoes in the other hand. Charlotte…

“Hey,” I said and tried to forget that I probably looked like a homeless person. For a moment I thought she was about to start a conversation, but then she just went out the door. Thank god, I thought to myself. I went to the kitchen to find something to eat when I found an envelope. What’s this?

I opened it slowly and found a passport inside. For a second I was totally confused but then I remembered that mine would be sent to me. That meant that I could leave right now. I wasn’t sure if I was about to laugh or cry. A part of me wanted to get the hell out of here, but another part told me that everything would change the second I left this town.

“Why are you packing?” a voice asked behind me. I turned around and to my surprise it wasn’t only Liam who stood there, but the rest of the boys as well. Niall had just gotten home and hadn’t quite understood that Harry had a new girl.

“Are you leaving?” Niall asked and looked at me with his big blue eyes. They were so filled with curiosity, and reminded me of a child. It was like they couldn’t understand why the thing about me and Harry was so complicated. I could feel my voice was too shaky to talk so I just nodded. The boys seemed too shocked to talk. They all just stood there as I packed the suitcase I had bought at the mall. The suitcase was a pretty hideous thing; it lit up the world with is pink color. Why did I even buy it in that color? As I discovered that I had gotten my emotions sorted out by thinking about my disgusting suitcase, I figured it would be a good time to speak.

“My passport came, and it’s not long until I’m leaving to my new apartment with Anna,” I said and did my best try to smile.

“But, you are a part of us now,” Louis said. Were they trying to make this harder than it already was?

Everyone except Harry tried to convince me to stay, but I had already made up my mind. I was going home, unless some certain words suddenly came. But they didn’t, not when I packed and not in the long ride in the car to the airport. Not when I ordered ticket and not when I sent my luggage to the plane.

“So I guess this is goodbye,” I said with a trembling voice. I wasn’t usually the crying type; unless you counted when I watched the Biggest Loser, but you get pretty attached to someone you have lived with for almost two months.

Louis was the first one stepping towards me to give me a hug. He held me close for a while.

“I’m going to miss you! I love you with all my bum,” He said as he pulled away. Even though my eyes were filling up with tears I laughed.

“What did you just say?” I asked.

“I love you with all my bum. I would say my heart, but my bum is bigger, and hotter,” he said with a grin. I’m really going to miss him, I thought as I watched him. Zayn was the next one coming to hug me.

“Goodbye, I’m really going to miss you. And you better come back, because I never got to taste the waffles,” He said and smiled. I tried to smile, but I had a really hard time holding back the tears. To my surprise Harry was the next stepping towards me. I had been prepared for hugging him last, waiting for the most awkward part.

“Goodbye,” He said so silently into my ear that I barely heard it. As I hugged him I tried to take in every impression of him. The big curly hair was hidden underneath a white beanie. A tear escaped my eye before I could stop it. I quickly took it away with the palm of my hand.

Liam pulled me into a hug that was so heartfelt that I instantly burst into tears. He stroked my back.

“I know… I’m going to miss you to,” he said and tried to calm me down. When I finally pulled myself together he let go of me. Niall came and gave me a hug.

“I never thought you would be such a great friend,” he said while giving me a Horan-hug.

“You are amazing,” he said.

“I’m going to miss you so much,” I said. When Niall pulled away he looked at Harry who stood glaring out the window. Then he looked back at me.

“Can someone explain why you are leaving?” He suddenly said and seemed upset. Liam put a hand on his shoulder and said something I couldn’t hear. Niall seemed even more upset but didn’t say anything.

“I guess this is goodbye,” I said and tried to keep my tears from running down my face, but I quickly gave up. My heart was so broken, not because of the problems with Harry but because I left some of my closest friends. And deep down I knew that this was more than a two-weeks goodbye, this felt more permanent. Now they would go back to being One Direction, not my best friends.

“I love you all,” I said and tried to smile though my tears, but it didn’t work at all. My voice was trembling so hard that I could barely understand what I self said. They all smiled sadly at me. I turned around and started walking towards my gate. But before I really could understand that this was goodbye I had to take one more look at them. They all stood there with their hands on each others shoulders to give comfort. I turned around and whipped the tears away from my cheeks.

“Hey! Wait!”

I turned around slowly and looked at Harry who was coming towards me. Before I even knew it I was in his arms again. He was hugging me so hard it almost hurt. I was about to hope for one simple word to escape his mouth, but I suddenly realized something. This hug wasn’t to show his emotions, this was goodbye. Our final goodbye. This was it. Without saying anything he pulled back his arms and went back to the boys. But instead of stopping with them as I thought he would he just passed them and went straight out. They all looked at surprised after him, but then turned around to me. Without knowing what I should do I continued to my gate, without looking back. It felt like I was in a dream. My legs felt like they couldn’t move. Everything felt just like a dream. That nothing was real, that I hadn’t met One Direction at all. That it had all been a long dream, which I’d finally woken up from.

I collected my luggage and searched the area for Anna’s familiar face. In the crowd I suddenly spotted her. I ran towards her with a speed that I had never seen me move in before. We just looked at each other for a second before she hugged me.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t get tickets to their concert,” I said and tried to laugh but instead I broke into tears. I had been crying, but not like this. Now I was pouring my heart out, and didn’t care about the people around us. She stroked me over my hair softly.

“It’s going to be alright. Everything is going to be alright,” She said.

The end

--------------

Writers note: 

So what do you think? Make sure to comment, and let me know :) Love you all!

Remember to check out the sequel, you will find it on my profile