The Last Frontier

FUN FACT: The Last Frontier is Alaska's nickname.:)

Chapter 14 –Jayden

Jayden P.O.V.

            It was nice to get away from all that hardcore studying and finally get a little loose, but I was worried about Alaure. Someday she's bound to kill herself from all the stress she puts on herself. I know she does it to forget about her past but there are so many other ways to forget your problems. Ways that are way more fun.  Like my ways, alcohol.

          The music was blaring, pounding through my ears, hot glimmering bodies swayed to the beat, illuminated by colorful strobe lights. This was my kind of scene. I smiled in excitement as I quickly retrieved my ID to the bouncer. Sliding my ID into my bra, I quickly immersed myself into the throng of dancing people.

           I started moving my body to the music without a care in the world. It felt so good just letting go and forgetting about all the exams I had coming up. I bounced to the beat of the music, putting my hands up above my head as I moved my hips to the beat feeling sexy and loose.

  I moved my arms around me to the rhythm of my body and threw back my hair, enjoying the eyes that had started creeping my way of guys that were dancing nearby. The heat of people dancing all around me made my body damp, but I didn't stop for anything. The songs, the music, the energy, it was all perfect. Even the DJ seemed to be playing all my favorite songs. It wasn't until I felt two hands wrap around my waist that I stopped. I wrinkled my nose.

"Dance with me." he ordered.

I narrowed my eyes at him and very curtly responded, “No."

"Come on babe, shake your ass for me."

"I said no, so let go dickhead! Can't you take a hint," I replied through clenched teeth, but he just tightened his hold on me, moving his hands up and down my sides. Extremely annoyed, I turned around and kneed him where the sun doesn’t shine. He grunted before falling over.

         "That'll teach you what 'no' means," I smirked, stepping over him and walking to the bar for a few drinks. I eyed up the bartender and smiled to myself. He had dirty blond hair and striking blue eyes, like two small pools. His shirt tucked perfectly around every defined muscle in his body, but I didn't have a long chance to look as he turned around and made his way to me. I gave him one of my sexy half-smiles as he openly checked me out, returning my smirk.

"Hey baby. What's your name?"

"Jayden. And you?"

"Whatever you like to scream out," he winked.

I threw my head back in laughter. "Hm, well then I suppose I'll call you Jace."

He chuckled," You like that name?"

"I suppose. It's one syllable and oh so easy to, as you said, scream out." I winked back.

He laughed. “Well what can I get you, Jayden."

I smiled at the way my name sounded rolling off his tongue. "Mm, I'm really in the mood for a Cosmopolitan."