2: Master

I hate the suspense between uploads from other authors, so although it's not edited, I'm sticking chapter 2 on here anyway :)

I tried to upload a slideshow but it refused to let me so I just put up one picture on how I imagine "master"  looks in my head. btw yes he does have a name, Alaure is just not allowed to know what it is yet. I'm still deciding on the image in my head for Nadya and Alaure. Nadya is a little harder though.

CHAPTER 2

He shook his head in disapproval. “Just wait until he gets a better look at you. Anyways, I’m here to take you to him now. He is waiting for you, and you don’t want to keep him waiting. You’ll be having dinner with him,” he smirked.

I froze in shock and fear. “I don’t want to eat please, at least not with him.”

“No can do,” Baxter said, articulating each word, “You’ll learn soon enough, no matter how long you’re here or not, you listen to your master’s orders or suffer the consequences.”

I stared at him, horrified and fearing this man who I didn’t even know yet.

He grabbed my arm in a tight grip and jerked me towards the door. Digging the heels of my feet into the ground as best I could I wailed, “No, no, no, no! Please don’t! Nadya, please help me; I don’t want to meet this guy. I’ll stay in here. I’ll be good, I promise.”

“I can’t do anything, sweety. I’m sorry,” she replied with a worried expression.

“But you promised you would keep me safe!” By this time, Baxter had dragged me to the door and I was clinging on the frame. He was tugging on my waist, but he was easily winning.

“I know sweety, and I will as best I can, but I can’t control this. He needs to talk to you.”

“Okay, I’ve had enough of this!” Baxter yelled. He tickled the side of my waist causing me to let go of the door frame and on one quick motion, he scooped me up and threw me over his shoulder. “Damn, for a girl, you’re pretty strong; of course I could still break you like a twig.” Of course I was strong; I grew up with all my guy cousins. You learn to sink or swim when you grow up with five boys in one house.

I frowned, “That really doesn’t make me feel any less scared of this whole situation than I already am.”

“Not my problem. In fact the more scared you are the better. Maybe then you’ll actually listen when told to do something.”

I lifted my head up off his back to look around in hopes of finding something to help me but I could barely see anything. We were in a long dark corridor that matched the same gray walls like my cell. On one side were more locked up rooms similar to the one I was in and on the other were dimly illuminated lights. It looked positively medieval.

Finally we reached a door on the side opposite from the rooms. He opened the door and walked up a long stairwell. There was another door at the top and when he finally opened it I had to squint my eyes to let them re-adjust to the light. We were standing in a little sitting area type thing. There were couches on both sides of the room and a coffee table in the middle.

Nadya walked out a few seconds after us and shut the door. The door seemed to blend in perfectly with the wall. Even though I knew it was there, I couldn’t tell where the lines of the door were, but maybe that was because everything was so blurry. Unexpectedly, the bookcase slid over the door to cover the wall even more securely. How typical.

“I’ll warn you again, behave when you’re with him. That means no comebacks, yelling, or protesting.”

I stayed still, still nervous of what misfortunes might come to me. Feeling noxious from all the blurry figures around me and being upside down, I closed my eyes.