Show Time

Chapter 21

 Hopefully there aren't too many mistakes because I didn't even have time to re-read through this.

RECAP

“Listen, there’s going to be a party here tomorrow. That will be your only chance. If he comes for you in the morning, then you’re out of luck, but if you’re here until the evening then you have a great chance.”

“Well, well. What do we have here?”

I snapped my head around to see Bax leaning against the door looking smugly at me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“I see you haven’t gotten over your old habit yet of snooping around,” he said pushing off the door frame and walking towards me.

“What’re you doing down here?” I asked meekly.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you the very same question, kitten,” he mocked. “You’re really getting sloppy you know. I can’t believe you were—well actually I CAN believe you were stupid enough to leave the door open.”

Dang it. How did I miss that?

“I-I uh.”

“Come on, no bullshit.”

I sighed deeply, but before answering I asked, “So you know about all this? This whole human trafficking thing and you’re okay with it?”

He fidgeted a little and sighed, “Yeah I know about it. How wouldn’t I, it happens under the roof that I live under. Can’t say I like it though.”

“So why do you let it happen?”

“Like I have a choice,” he scoffed. “I’m not exactly the “top dog” in this house. I don’t have a say in pretty much anything.” Regaining a haughty air he asked, “So what exactly was your plan by coming down here?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “I didn’t really have one. I didn’t know exactly what to expect coming down here.”

“So now that you’ve been down here and talked to the lovely Raquel, what’re you going to—oh wait, let me guess. You’re going to try and get her out of here, aren’t you? Wait let me play this out for you. You make some silly attempt to get Raquel out of here, but because you always seem to underestimate Damon and me and overestimate your own abilities. You wouldn't even make it out the door before one of us catches you. Then you BOTH get dragged back in. Raquel gets sold off, and you're back here in this dingy, cold cell eating stale bread--oh but not with a punishment for being stupid. So maybe a few slaps across the face, a few whips across the back, and whatever else Damon sees fit. You know, you really should think through things like I just did for you now.”

“You can’t expect me to turn a blind eye to this and just let her…you know. I'm not going to just sit here and let it happen.”