Escaping Death

RECAP: Just before I could reach the door knob, Bax grabbed onto my ankle sending me straight to the floor.  Thinking quickly, I used the heel of my other foot to hit his head until he released his grip. I scrambled up and sprinted out of the room as fast as I could in the direction where all the girls were kept.

Oddly, there weren’t any men roaming or guarding the hallways to chase after me. I heard a commotion coming from another part of the house, but I didn’t care much to ponder on it for long. Whatever was detracting attention away from me was a blessing and not even my raging curious nature would distract me from my goal. Although I had a strong feeling it could be Damon. Nearing the door to the hall, I slowed and yanked the door open.

                I didn’t even have a real plan anymore. I was only supposed to save Jayden initially, but now that I knew Raquel was here and now that I had met Fiorella, there was no way I would be able to bring myself to leave them here, so I came up with a new “plan”.  It wasn’t logical or organized, but it was something. 

In this moment I was thankful for the reverse locks on the door. Running from door to door, I opened each one searching for my friends, particularly Jayden, and as I did so I yelled, “Everybody get out! This is your chance to leave. Arm yourself with anything you can find around here and run to safety!” I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, but I had to try something.  For a moment, the girls just stood there, utterly confused about what was going on.

“Don’t just stand there!” I ordered, “MOVE!” The girls came to life and began scurrying around to get out. I continued repeating the same instructions as I went from one door to the next, all the while looking for Jayden too.  I came to the door of the room Fiorella and I were trapped in.  When I came inside Fiorella was sitting on the edge of her bed, seemingly deep in thought.

“Fiorella! How are you feeling? I’m so sorry about what happened earlier, and I would sit here and apologize and try to make things up to you even though I’m not sure how I could ever make something like that up to you, but right now YOU’VE GOT TO GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE!”

I started to run back out the door when Fiorella hollered “WAIT! Where are you going?”

“I still have to find Jayden, but you need to go with the other girls. You know the ways around here, help them get out.”

“They’ll be fine on their own. I’m coming with you. You seem to attract trouble like a magnet, and if I don’t help you then who will?”

“No Fiorella, I don’t want you to get hurt like—“

“Shut up. We’re losing time. I’m coming with you whether you like it or not!” she argued.

Realizing she was right about time, I conceded and sighed, “Fine. Let’s go.”

We each relayed our message to each girl until we reached the last door. This is it! She has to be in here! I nearly cried with joy before opening the last door.

“Jayden?!” I called.

“Alaure?!” gasped a familiar voice.

“Raquel?!”

“Alaure I thought I’d never see you again! I was so worried about what might have happened to you after I left!” she cried as she ran to embrace me.

“Raquel, I’d love to catch up, but right now is not the time. You all have to get out of here before it’s too late.”

“Wait, your friend Jayden, did you find her?” Raquel asked.