Strength

Chapter 8

Arabella's POV

It was cold, oh it was so cold. I could hear my heartbeat, my breathing. Both were slowly and steady. All I could see was darkness and the mind numbing chill spread on my body.

"When will she wake up? It's been 3 weeks!" The voice was faint but urgent, a female voice. She was upset.

"Luna, I apologize, but I don't know when she will awake?" My mom! My mom is here! Mom can you hear me?

I twitched my fingers and felt warm skin brush against my fingertips.

"She moved! My baby girl moved! Ara? Are you awake?"

Open your eyes Ara. Please.

Open your eyes!

OPEN THEM! The voice was commanding, it surprised me so much that my eyes snapped open to meet my moms worried eyes.

"Oh goddess, Ara!" Her arms folded around me and she hugged me, I couldn't hug her back though. All I could do was cough and cough.

I couldn't seem to catch my breath.

Doctor Hugo gingerly pried my mom off of me and propped up my pillow, so I was sitting up. His fingers
re-adjusted the tubes in my nose, then he held another thing to help me breathe over my mouth.

"Deep, steady breaths Arabella." He encouraged.

I did as told and soon I could breathe on my own, he pulled the cup away from my mouth but not the tubes in my nose.

"I was out for 3 weeks?" That was the first thing I asked, my eyebrows raised.

"Yes ma'am." Hugo said softly.

I gave him a nod and stood up, yanking the IV out from my arm which caused blood to drip down my arms. I didn't care. I tore the tubes for my nose off and inhaled.

"Ara you need to rest-" I cut the doctor off.

"I'm fine."

"Ara-" this time my mom tried to stop me. I just held a finger out to her and made a shushing sound.

Hands gripped my arm.

"Arabella-"

I flung my opposite hand out towards Hugo like a reflex, my eyes narrowed as he flung towards the wall. As soon as he hit the wall I let go and he slumped to the floor, unconscious.

"Oh my gosh Ara-"

"Don't. You should've told me what I can do." Without another word I walked out of that room and left my mother and the doctor.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

My eyes were focused straight in front of me, my face held no emotion. I knew where he was, I could sense it.

I walked into the forest and towards a small stream, where Axton was sitting next to. He chucked a pebble into the water angrily.

Slowly, I threaded my arms around his neck and kissed his neck.

"Guess who."

His hands grabbed mine and the next thing I knew I was straddling him and we were.. well, making out.

I pulled back and chuckled, a grin on my face.

"Missed me?"

"So much." His murmured, his head buried into the crook of my neck, his hands entangled in my hair. He was drinking me in. "You have no idea."