Chapter 20 Lurking in the Shadows of a Rogue's Mind

Lucifer Argent's P.O.V

I left her and went into the woods.

I don't know why, but this is where I go whenever I need to think.

Outraged to learn that I wouldn't be able to have a relationship with any other woman except her, it felt forced and against my consent.

Yet, I couldn't stay angry at her for long.

It's getting impossible to control myself around her. These urges keep kicking in.

I need to satisfy them someday.

Valentine Winters P.O.V

He returned after a couple of minutes with a bowl of mixed fruits and placed it on the bed.

"We wouldn't want history to repeat, do we?" he asked, motioning me near him. I walked towards him and was about to sit on the floor until he stopped me.

"Sit on my lap," he ordered.

"It's fine," I said, a tad bit confused. I was still only in his shirt, but luckily, I did wear panties and a bra that I found in the shower when he left me. However, there weren't any shirts or shorts.

He pulled me onto his lap, making me sit with my legs on each side of his hips.

"It's just me after all," he whispered against my ear, making me shiver.

He placed the bowl between us with a fork inside.

"I'll feed you one by one of these fruits, and you must guess it accurately with your eyes closed," he said.

"If you guess it wrong, I would have to kiss your lips," he added huskily against my ear.

My breathing got ragged, and one of his hands wrapped around my hips to keep me still.

A kiss?

Wasn't he repulsed by me?

I nodded weakly anyway.

"Close your eyes," he ordered, and I did.

"Open your mouth," he directed.

I slowly parted my lips, and he placed a fruit in my mouth.

I munched on it. It tasted sweet, with seeds?

"Strawberry?" I guessed.

"Bright," he replied and gave me another one.

I was able to guess four of them correctly, but the one that I'm munching on now was hard to tell.

"Apple?" I asked.

I felt him lift the bowl from between us, placing it somewhere else.

"Unfortunately, incorrect," he said. Before I could open my eyes, he crashed his lips onto mine.

I tried to pull away, making him growl in displeasure.

I couldn't control myself for long and kissed him back hard. My hands were in his black hair while his were on my hips, holding tightly.

He snaked his hands down the curve of my butt, making me gasp and him plunge his tongue into my mouth, eliciting a moan.

He pulled away and began sucking on the place where he marked me. His hands went under the shirt I'm wearing, drawing patterns on my stomach.

I pulled and tugged on his hair, making him grunt.

"I know you want me; I can feel it," he whispered before burying his face in the crook of my neck once more.