1.12

Suddenly, the group approached the trio and Carol scurried to Rick holding something in her closed fist."

"Rick!" she started, "could we use this to break the door?" She opened her hand, showing a grenade. "It was in your pants the first day you came to camp."

A smile came onto Rick's face. Everyone in the group had hope again.

"Let's go!" Rick yelled.

"I'm staying," Jacqui confessed.

Opal's heart stopped for a second after hearing the older woman.

Quickly, T-Dog stepped in, "No!"

"Honey, I have to," it was easy to tell that Jacqui was like a mother to T-Dog. Or at least somebody he could talk to.

T-Dog frowned, sadness in his eyes.

Opal looked at Edwin, "Are you staying?" she questioned.

He nodded, not making eye contact like he was before.

Opal knew that she couldn't convince Edwin to come with. This is where his wife had died, he probably wanted to be with her. Opal gave Edwin a quick hug before chasing to the front area with the group.

She hid behind a barrier, hiding from the incoming explosion. She quickly felt the heat from it and then yelling from Rick, he was screaming for everyone to get out.

She ran next to Daryl, forgetting about everything that had happened last night. Once they got to the truck, Opal ducked down, waiting impatiently for the CDC to explode and Jacqui and Edwin to die.

She could feel the hot heat from the explosion as she held her hands over her head. She looked to Daryl, seeing as he had his head ducked down.

She looked back down to the floor, staring at it like it was a painting. She kept staring until she felt a tap on her back, indicating that the CDC was burning and they could drive.

It was silent for a long moment. Opal was sure that she was not going to be the first one to speak. She anticipated for Daryl to break the silence, but she doubted that he would.

Opal laid her head back on the head rest. She shut her eyes, ready to take a nap that probably wouldn't happen.

Yet, surprisingly, he did speak, "I'm sorry about last night. I was being a douche."

Opal opened her eyes and looked to Daryl. She shrugged.

"It's fine." She was lying and Daryl knew it.

"No. Seriously, it wasn't okay. I shouldn't have pressured you into doing anything," he continued, his guilt layering by the second.

Opal shrugged again, "Whatever. What's in the past is in the past. Can't do anything about it."

Daryl nodded, "Again, I'm sorry."

Opal didn't feel the need to reply.

The car was once silent again.

They drove for hours, nobody spoke a word. Opal was about to drift into a sleep when Daryl finally stopped the truck.

"What the hell?" he muttered to himself, making Opal's eyes widen at the scene in front of them.

Daryl got out of the truck, Opal following in suit.

"Who are you?" Rick asked, now next to Opal and Daryl.

The person standing there put his hands up, "My name is Quinn." He quickly blew a strand of his blonde hair out of his eyes.

"What weapons do you have on you?" Rick interrogated.

"I gotta knife and a gun, you want them?" he asked, grabbing his weapons out of his pocket.

Rick nodded, stepping forward and grabbing Quinn's things out of his hand. "Thanks."

Opal wanted to invite Quinn into the group, from what she had seen, he seemed nice.

By now, all of the group was standing behind Opal, Daryl and Rick.

"Can I join your group?" Quinn asked, blowing another stand of his hair away.

Rick thought for a second, looking to Opal, he then looked back to Quinn, his face looking impatient. "Give us a few minutes to figure it out."

Quinn nodded, leaning on a car while Rick turned to the group.

"I think we should," Opal spoke.

Rick nodded, "Me too, yet he could be dangerous."

People nodded along with Rick.

"But, what if he's not. What if he's barely surviving out there?" Opal argued.

"I don't know if I could live with sending him out into the woods," Lori spoke, her arms crossed as Carl stood in front of her.

"Let's just take him in, if he's dangerous, we should know how to take care of him," Opal said, although she knew that she probably wouldn't be able to over power him. She was so dumb in the topic of hunting and surviving.

Nobody argued with Opal, they all looked to Rick, waiting to hear his answer to whether or not they would welcome Quinn into the group.

"Would anybody want to stick by Quinn, just in case he does something, or runs to another group?" Rick asked.

Opal nodded, "I'd be willing to, if that's alright."

Rick nodded, not wanting to argue. "Thanks." Then, Rick turned back to Quinn, watching as he picked at his nails. "You can stay with us," Rick announced.

Quinn stood up straight, startled by the sudden voice. "Really?" He sounded surprised.

Rick nodded, "Yeah, you're going to have to stick by Opal though, since you won't have your weapons until later."

Quinn looked around the group, trying to figure out who was Opal, she rose her hand, a smile on her face.

Quinn approached the young woman and smiled. The group had gone off around the area.

"I guess people are looking through cars, you want to look though this one?" Opal questioned, pointing to the car that was on their left.

Quinn shrugged, he suddenly felt shy, he knew that he had to make a good impression. He knew that if he did something that was bad, or gave somebody a bad feeling, he was out. That was what he assumed Rick would do anyway, He seemed like the man to live up to his promised and stand with his word. 

 a lil shorter chap sorry