1.11

"How do you know who's blood is whos?" Opal asked, breaking the stretched silence.

"The vials are labeled by numbers," edwin replied.

Quick to response, "What's my number?"

Jenner laughed quietly to himself at Opal's question. In a world like this, why would it matter what number was o;na cile filled with blood? "26."

Opal mailed. SHe felt good about staying here. 26 had now felt like a special number. "Thank you for letting us stay here."

Edwin smiled to himself. THe only recognition he had gotten was from Rick earlier at dinner. "I mean, it's only common courtesy."

Opal chuckled. THe room fell silent once more, only the viles clanking.

Some time passed before Opal's eyes started to droop and tiredness took over her. She caught Edwin's attention with a loud, long yawn.

"Do you know how to get back to your room?" Jenner asked, glancing back at Opal.

Opal shook her head and blushed, embarrassed that she could get so easily lost, "no, I don't."

Edwin nodded, "you're tired. I'll help you get back to your room."

The girl nodded, "okay."

Edwin stood and took off his lab coat, goggles and gloves, Opal following his actions right after.

Not saying a word, the two walked back to the hallway where all the rooms were.

As Opal and Edwin were walking, so was Lori. Her face lit up as she noticed Opal.

"Hey!" she exclaimed loudly. "Daryl was looking for you earlier."

Opal nodded, "thanks for the clothes by the was. And I'll find him."

Lori nodded and walked into the room that was right next to them.

Opal turned to Edwin, "thanks for taking me back." The two made eye contact and Jenner smiled.

"Of course, sleep well," he told.

"Hopefully." Opal replied, watching as Edwin turned around and walked back to his room, or lab.

Opal then started to venture back to her room. Where she saw Daryl sleeping on the floor with a blanket uncomfortable around him.

Opal sighed and stepped over the passed out man, she then tiptoed to her bed, making sure not to stomp and wake up Daryl.

She felt bad about storming out on Daryl earlier. Even though he was passed out on the floor, she wanted to apologise, yet she would wait until the man was awake.

She laid down on the bed, quickly wrapping herself up in the comforter. She instantly felt her eyes close and sleep welcome her.

-

When Opal awoke in the morning, Daryl wasn't on the floor anymore. Opal could hear the shower water running and she smiled to herself, she knew that she would be surprised when she noticed how different Daryl would look while clean.

Opal sighed and sat up in the comfortable bed. Opal then soon realized that everyone else was probably awake and eating breakfast.

Thinking about food, really made Opal think about how hungry she was. Quickly, after realizing that she could have breakfast now, she stood up and ran to the area where they had eaten the night before.

She saw everyone there and they all smiled at her, glad to see one of the newest group members.

"Good morning!" Carol exclaimed.