Chapter Nine

I woke up to the sound of loud snoring. I got up, finding myself on the floor of my room. I look towards the direction of my bed and saw figure in it, sleeping. 

Then everything from last night came rushing to me at once. The homecoming party. Me and Joey dancing. Me dragging Joey home because he was too drunk to drive. Drunk Joey trying to kiss me.

I froze at the last thought. Joey trying to kiss me was something that I was not expecting last night. He wasn't gay, was he? Maybe he had too much to drink? But then what about me? I felt weird. I felt a rush when his lips almost touched mine.

I wasn't gay was I?

I shook the thought out of my head. I just needed to clear my head from last night. I got up from my sleeping bag as quietly as I could, trying not to wake up Joey. I looked at my alarm clock. It read 1155am. It was almost noon, and by the looks of it, Joey wasn't going to be waking up soon. I went to my closet and took out a pair of clothes and went into my bathroom to take a shower.

I instantly thought of Joey almost kissing me. Why was I feeling all of the weird feelings when he almost kissed me? Why was I so worked up? How come I never felt that way with Corinne? Why was a guy making me feel this way? I know for a fact I'm not gay, I have a girlfriend. 

The shower lasted about 20 minutes. I tried everything I could to clear my mind, but it wouldn't work. I got out of the shower when I heard my phone ringing. I quickly wrapped a towel around my waist and rushed into my room. Before I could answer the phone, it went to voice mail. I looked at the phone to see who it was.

Corinne.

I sighed and put my phone back on my dresser. I heard a rustling in my bed. I turned around to see Joey sitting up, holding his head, looking at me.

"I see you're up." I said half smiling at him.

He looked around my room. "Why am I here? Why am I in your bed?"

My smile faded. He didn't remember last night. Part of me was happy. The other part seemed almost disappointed. "So you don't remember." It was a statement, not a question.

"No, I don't."

"You were drunk last night at the homecoming dance." I said, chuckling to myself.

"I kind of figured when I woke up with a headache." Joey said laughing.

"You still don't remember anything?" I said, my voice becoming serious again. I went back into the bathroom to finish change, leaving the door open so I could hear his answer.

"Not really" I heard him say. "Care to tell me what happened?"

"I'm not sure if you want me to." I said cautiously.

"Why drag it out? Just tell me." he insisted.

I let out a deep sigh. There's not point in holding back. "Last night at the dance, I didn't see you for at least an hour after we first got there. Then you pull me on to the dance and we were dancing. You were drunk by then."

I looked at the expression on his face. It looked like some things were resurfacing. "I remember dancing with you." he said.

"Do you remember how we were dancing?" I asked.

The expression on his face went from confusion to embarrassment. He didn't say anything, but I already had my answer.

"Do you remember anything that happened after?"

"Look Isaiah," Joey said, "I'd love to play twenty questions with you, but what are you trying to get at?"

"Just answer the question."

"I don't remember," Joey admitted, "I was dancing, and that next thing I know, everything was black."

I sighed. "I found you in one of the bathroom stalls. I had to basically hold your hand all the way home."

Joey was silent for a coupleif I had  of seconds. "Then we went to my house," he started, "and you asked me if I had my key and I didn't. Then you took me in your house and I went upstairs to your room, then you came up with a glass of water and then..." he stopped.

That's all I needed to hear. "So you do remember." I said it more as a statement rather than a question.

"Oh my God," Joey said in almost a whisper. "Isaiah, I-I-I can explain. I was drunk and I wasn't thinking." He sighed. "I'm so sorry."

I gave him a reassuring smile. "It's alright. Shit happens when you're drunk."

He gave me a surprised look. Did he expect me to hate him? I went into the bathroom to continue dry off my hair.

"Did you feel anything?"

I stopped what I was doing and went back into my room. "What?"

"Did you feel anything?

 I just stood there, and I felt myself starting to blush. We didn't kiss, but I still felt a rush of emotions taking over my body.

I saw a smile come across his face. "So you did feel something?"

Why was he smiling? Did this mean he was...gay? Why did he dcare if I felt anything or not? I started to get frustrated. "Joey, I think you should go."

He didn't argue. "I'll see you Monday?"

"Yeah." I didn't look make eye contact with him. He slowly walked out of the room and I heard him going downstairs and out the door. 

A weird feeling came over me.

Then I realized that I really didn't want him to leave.