15

"Do you think Martinus meant his apology or just said it because he loves you?" Jake asks.

"I honestly have no idea." I say. We are sitting by the kitchen table eating watermelon and grapes. It's all Jake had in their fridge so, why not?

"I know he's jealous of me, I mean. Who wouldn't want you." He says. I blush a bit and try to hide my smile.

"Oh yea? I don't have any friends besides you, Marcus and Martinus." I roll my eyes.

"How? You're funny and beautiful." Jake says like it's no big deal.

"I- uh, really?" I can't find any words for some reason.

"Yes, I mean, have you seen yourself!" Jake says.

"Thanks Jake. It means a lot." I smile at him. He smiles back and continues eating.

We haven't done much, we've just been chilling on our phones by the table occasionally laughing at some videos.

I get up from the table and go to the hall. I put on my shoes and say goodbye to Jake. Then I start walking home.

I think it's nice walking out in the dark when it's cold. I like looking at the stars and just thinking.

I'm thinking about Martinus again. In fact, he hasn't even left my mind. I want to be with him but I don't know what to say to him.

Maybe if I just wait for a couple days this thing will pass and things will be back to normal.

I see a light in the kitchen and someone sitting by the table. He has a man bun so it must be Marcus.

I take off my shoes and go to the kitchen. I take out a bowl and pour some cereal in it.

"Marcus please help me, I don't know what to do with Martinus. I love him and I wanna be with him but I- I don't know." I say and sit on the table. I sit on the table not even looking at Marcus.

"You love me?" I raise my head. It wasn't Marcus sitting by the table, it was Martinus. I gulp.

"Yes, of course I do." I say looking at him in the eyes.

"Why don't you wanna be with me then?" He asks.

"I do, it's just, it's complicated." I sigh.

"Yea. I understand. But just remember that I will make you mine again whatever it takes. I will make you forget your doubts and be mine again." He says. I smile. Why do I have to be like this? Just kiss him you fool!

Martinus leaves the table and goes upstairs. I think about going after him but I just continue eating.

I go upstairs and look to my left. The light is still on in Martinus' room. The door is slightly open so I look in his room. He's by his desk either writing or drawing.

I go to my room and close the door. I take a hoodie from the closet and put it on. I look at myself in the mirror and see that the hoodie actually belongs to Martinus.

I sigh and go to bed. I just scroll through my phone for a while and then put it on the nightstand and try to get some sleep.

"Martinus come on we have to go." Someone whispers. What the hell?

"Shush Marcus you're going to wake her up." I hear Martinus whisper. I don't open my eyes before they have both left.

I look around. My eyes land on the rose on my desk. Another rose? There's a note under it.

'Hey Jenny. Here is a rose for you. You look beautiful when you sleep by the way ;) see you tomorrow!
-Martinus."

Tomorrow? Oh yea they have a concert in Trondheim today. I put the rose next to the others and just admire them for a while.

I can hear the front door being closed. I go downstairs and see the car leaving. I sigh and go back up to change.

I don't know if Jake is coming to school today either so I'll be alone, again. Well that's just great.

I put on my shoes and head out. The walk to school isn't long but it's freezing cold outside so it feels like forever.

I get to school and look around. Great, I can't find Jake. I go to my locker and open it. There's a picture of me with Marcus and Martinus there. I look at it and smile.

The picture was taken in Germany when we were playing football on stage. I miss touring with them, I mean I haven't been anywhere for like over one month or so because I didn't go to that one concert.

I close the locker and head out to the first class. This is going to be a long day.

Thank you so much for 3k reads!