11

I walk to school with Marcus because Martinus left early in the morning. Marcus said he has some businesses to take care of before the school starts.

We walk through the doors and immediately see lots of people gathered around someone. I hear some yelling coming from the circle that the students have made.

"What the hell is going on?" I say to Marcus and try to see what's happening.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from her?" I hear Martinus say. Oh no. I quickly push my way through the people and see what's happening.

Martinus and Jake are fighting. Martinus punches Jake in the jaw and Jake falls on the floor. Then Martinus kicks him.

"Martinus!" I yell and go up to him. I push him away from Jake and help him up. His nose is bleeding.

"Get off him Jenny. I'm not finished here." Martinus says and tries to grab Jake by his collar but I push him away.

"What is wrong with you?" I turn to him and yell. I'm so angry at him right now, I can't believe he did that.

"You're mine, not his." He says.

"I'm not yours! At least not this way." I say. "I can't believe you. I thought you were better than this."

"But-" he tries to say but I cut him off

"No, I don't care about your excuses. I'm taking Jake to the nurse." I start walking out with Jake in my arms. I look back before going through the doors and see Martinus pushing someone to the lockers and then walking away.

"It's all my fault, I shouldn't have walked you home, or kissed you." Jake explains.

"Hey it's not your fault. Martinus is just a bully." I say.

"I know, you told me." Jake says. We walk to the nurse and she takes Jake from me. She starts asking all kinds of questions about what happened and how. I just tell her everything I know.

"Is it okay if I leave, I have something to take care of." I suddenly say. I really need to talk to Martinus, I'm so angry right now. The nurse nods and I leave. The first class has already started so I knock on the door.

"I need to see Martinus real quick, it's about a school project." I make up an excuse quickly. I see everyone turning to Martinus who gulps. I think everyone know this isn't about a school project.

Martinus gets up from his place and walks out the room. He closes the door behind him and takes a deep breath before turning to me.

"I'm sorry Jenny, I just got mad about him kissing you." He says calmly.

"Sorry? Oh now you're sorry! What the hell is wrong with you!" I yell. I'm not calm at all.

"I know it was a mistake and I'm gonna hear about it at home but please just forgive me." He says.

"Have you forgiven me?" I ask and cross my arms.

"Yes! I love you so much, I know we're not together anymore because of the way I handled things but I just got super jealous. I thought he was gonna take you away from me." Martinus explains.

"Martinus nobody could ever take me away from you, but you can't just go around beating people up." I say and pull my fingers through my hair.

"I know, I'm sorry. But you know how I've been and you know I can't help it."

"But now my only friend besides you guys is over there at the nurse with his nose bleeding. I can't believe you did that." I say with my voice cracking. Why am I always crying? "I just can't do this anymore."

"I'm sorry Jenny, for everything. We have both made mistakes but we can fix this. Us." Martinus says coming closer to me. I don't say anything, I just let the tears drop down my cheeks. Martinus wraps his arms around me and places his chin on the top of my head. He's so much taller than me.

"What kind of school project is this supposed to be?" The teacher asks. I quickly push Martinus away. The teacher has opened the door and literally everyone is looking at us.

"I uh-" I try to explain

"Save it. Gunnarsen, get back to class." The teacher says.

"Sorry Jenny." Martinus says again and goes back to the classroom. I can see some people patting him on the back while he's on his way to his seat. Then the teacher closes the door.

I slide down on the wall and sit on the floor. I let the tears stream down my fave without caring if someone sees me. I don't know why I'm such a crybaby. But right now I don't even care.