Chapter 24

Trevor's POV

I woke up to a huge headache. I opened my eyes slowly and was relieved to see that no lights were on. I was in a bed with Elliott by my side, both of us covered in a huge brown comforter.

"A dream?" I questioned myself out loud as I looked around. This wasn't our pack house surely so it can't be a dream.

My hand started to ache and I looked down at it, only to see it bandages up and have a little bit of my own blood on it. How did I hurt my hand?

"We got mad at our mate then left him here sad...we snapped at him for wanting to accept Skylar." My inner wolf Tinus told me as I sighed. That's right, it's all coming back to me now.

Maybe I shouldn't have snapped at him. I mean it's not his fault that we're in this situation but it is his fault for always accepting things so easily. Yeah it's fate and all but showing a little bit of restraint can't hurt him. I have to share someone I love with a person I despise.

Part of me thinks he wasn't the worst one in that old pack of his but the other part hates him for not stopping anything sooner.

Elliott shifted on the bed and held onto my side. He nuzzled his head into my neck while still asleep. I sighed again loudly before smiling. I know what I needed to do. I need to apologize and make it up to him.

I removed him from me carefully before I slipped out of the bed we were in. I was naked, probably due to the fact that I shifted but I didn't care. I saw some nearby basketball shorts and just slid them on before leaving the room quietly.

Yes, I noticed he was wearing Skylars shirt but I can't get mad over that. I'd rather him have something on in front of all the other people here than nothing.

I walked around the halls until I stumbled upon Skylars office. The light was on but the door was closed. His scent was strong here so he was obviously still doing Alpha work. Tsk, it kind of makes me mad he's become an Alpha before me but it wasn't like he had any choice in the matter anyways.

"Open up." I told him as I knocked loudly on the door. I might as well talk things out with him before I go make Elliott breakfast in bed.

"Do you have to be so full of yourself?" Skylar asked as he opened the door while glaring at me. It was only about 6 A.M and no one else seemed to be up.

"Yes I do, now. Are we going to talk or not?" I asked him as he closed the door. I sat in a chair across from his and waited for him to speak.

"I was filled in on the situation by King. What I don't understand is how we're going to run our packs while sharing a Luna." Skylar said with worry in his voice as he sat down in his chair. I honestly didn't know what we were going to do either.

"Let's just throw some ideas out, cause I know I'm definitely taking over my pack after I marry Elliott. Which will be the day after we return." I told him as he rested his head on his hands.

"I'd say we could split up months, which months you get him and which months I do but that's too stupid. We could combine our packs but even then it would be more work for both of us to do, but his happiness is more important than more paper work, not to mention my packs safety." Skylar said seriously. I was actually surprised to see how much he's changed. Instead of being selfish like his parents he was actually worrying about his pack and Elliott.

"Combining might not be so bad, we have the extra land for it so you can build more houses there for your pack. We can build a private house just for the three of us as well." I said as I brainstormed. That seemed like the best solution we had at the moment.

"Ok I'll inform my pack during breakfast, after that I'll sign any treaty you need me to sign. Feel free to use my clothes and use my phone to call home." Skylar said as he stood up from his desk.

"And Trevor, thank you for discussing this with me. You might still be cautious about me but don't worry, I wouldn't think about harming Elliott." Skylar said as he left his office. I felt relieved about him changing but I still didn't like the idea of sharing Elliott...