Chapter 15

A/N: Short Chapter about what happened after Trevor left!

Skylar's POV

I did it. I killed my mother. She was so easy to kill physically but I didn't think I could do it mentally. But it had to be done. She would've gone crazy with my dad gone and could've harmed the pack more than she already did.

I sat down next to her now lifeless body as the pack house caught up in flames behind me. Trevor took Elliott and his men and left with our pack children. Part of me understood why he did it but the other part was conflicted. What were we to do now?

I looked behind me and stared at the flames as they grew. Those who weren't dead or injured, ran away into the woods to become rogues. But who can blame them? They just lost the alpha and luna of their pack and their home.

"That makes you the Alpha of those of us who are up to change." Wayne said walking up to me with some of the rest of the remaining pack members behind him. Our once huge pack was now cut down greatly.

"I guess that does now that my parents are dead." I said as I stood up. They impacted my life greatly but what they did affected the pack negatively, I should've did something sooner. To think it would get this bad...

"All of you who want to live in a better pack shift and follow me. I will be your Alpha and we will not be repeating the same mistakes we have done in the past. We will be moving away from here and rebuilding our pack and getting in better shape. If you don't wish to come, become rogues like the others and let your sanity slowly die." I said before shifting. I was going to have to mature even more now. I had the lives of others to care for now, one false mistake might be fatal.

"I'm proud of you." One of the pack elders said smiling as she rubbed my head. I crouched down slightly and she climbed my back.

"Younger wolves carry the elders as I am, as well as any pregnant women. Since we don't have anymore children they're valuable and fragile so keep them safe." I commanded as everyone smiled at me. The younger males and warriors shifted and did as I said before following me.

I didn't know where we were going but we needed to get somewhere far and new. I was going to change along with this pack, then maybe in the future Elliott and even Trevor can see how much I've progressed.

I had a moment of realization in the woods when my dad was fighting Trevor. I always thought my dad was invincible so I never went against him, but he was defeated. Everything he did could've been stopped if I would've tried.

"We will change everything for the better...then maybe we will find our own mate." My wolf Caine told me as I nodded. He was right. Plus I would love to show my mate a pack I was proud to call my own.