Got Me Good (Sequel to All I Need is One)

Cody and Kiara are baaaack! Yay! I am so sorry that I didn't upload this sooner! I just kept putting it off and all that! So so so sorry about that! I will try to upload at least once a week! Here is the highly anticipated first chapter of Got Me Good!

Note: If you haven't read All I Need is One, I wouldn't suggest reading this as you will become awfully confused. But if you wish to just read this, that's also fine.

I ran a comb through my hair, making sure every knot was detangled. I put on some lip gloss and smoothed out my straight blonde hair. I looked at my reflection. Fuchsia dress with black belt and black heels. The heels made my legs look miles longer. I smiled. I felt beautiful. I grabbed a purse from my room and made my way to the kitchen. “Honey, you look beautiful!” My mum said in the Australian accent that I shared with her.

“Thanks, mum,” I hugged her. She pulled out her phone and took a picture of me. “So is Alex picking you up?” “Yes,” I said. Someone rang the buzzer. “There he is,” I smiled. “Have fun, honey. Be home by eleven,” She kissed me on the cheek. “I will,” I said and then into the speaker, “Coming,” I left the apartment, taking the elevator down to the lobby. I walked out the door into the mid summer warmth of New York. I saw Alex standing there with flowers.

“Hi, Alex,” I smiled. “Hello,” He pecked me on the lips. I giggled. “Ready to go?” I nodded. He opened the car door for me and I got in. He slipped in after me and the driver took us to the restaurant. We pulled up and I recognized this place. “This is where we first met!” I smiled. “It is,” He smiled. I kissed him on the cheek. That’s when I was getting over Cody. Cody Simpson. I hadn’t thought about him in months. I shook my head. It’s over and done with. People change. That’s how the world goes. “Kiara?” I snapped out of my thoughts.

“Oh! Sorry! I zoned out,” He held out his hand and he helped me out of the car. We sat down and ordered our food. Alex put his hand on mine as we talked. I couldn’t even remember what he was talking about. All I could think about was Cody. Is he still dating that girl? Does he even remember me? 

“Kiara?” I snapped out of my thoughts to look at Alex, “Are you alright? You seem off,” “It’s nothing. It’s just been a tiring week,” I lied. I had done nothing this week. I just wrapped up a show last week. His thumb traced circles on the back of my hand. “Okay,” He gave me a small smile, his light blue eyes bright. The only eyes I could see were Cody’s aqua blue ones. What am I thinking?! I’m over Cody. I like Alex! Our food then arrived. I wasn’t hungry, so I was happy that I had ordered a salad. I ate about half of it. I tried my best to stay with the conversation the rest of the night because I felt bad about ignoring Alex. 

“Bye!” I waved to Alex. He waved back and drove off. I went up to my apartment, slipping in so I wouldn’t wake up my mom. I checked the time. It was only ten. Perfect. “KiKi?” I heard her say. “Hi, mum,” I said in the direction of her room. A light turned on and she walked into the kitchen.

“How was your date?” She smiled. “Great,” I lied. It was awkward. I could tell Alex was getting impatient with me throughout the night. “That’s nice, honey,” She said, “If you’re still hungry, there’s some leftover pasta in the fridge. I’m going to read for a bit then go to bed,” I nodded and she kissed my cheek.

“Goodnight,” “Night,” I said and pulled out my phone. I sent a text to Alex, apologizing for my behavior tonight. I waited five minutes, then ten minutes, then twenty. Yep, he was mad. I groaned and got out a bottle of water. I carried it to my room and drank some of it. I changed out of my dress and checked my phone again. No response. Stupid Cody. Even when we aren’t speaking he still ruins my life.

“This all?” The woman asked. I nodded as she rang up my bottle of water and bagel. “Five dollars,” She said and I handed her the money.  “Thank you. Have a nice day,” “You too,” I smiled and grabbed my food. I walked out of StarBucks and onto the hot L.A. street. I slipped on my sunglasses and walked to a nearby park.

I found a table with an umbrella and sat down. I ate my cream cheese bagel hurriedly before the cheese could melt. I checked my watch. I had a good five hours to shop. This was just what I needed. I walked into Ralph Lauren, checking out their new dresses. Soon, I had bought two new dresses and was it was on to the next store. A few stores later, I was in Lacoste.

A pink skirt with white caught my eye. I grabbed the two smallest sizes off the rack and went back to the dressing rooms. I slipped on the skirt and opened the door. I walked out and saw another blonde girl trying on the same skirt. Her back was to me.

“Mum!” How about this one?” She called into the store. I froze. I knew that voice. Alli. I ran back into my dressing room before she could see me. I changed back into my shorts. I slipped my sunglasses on. I heard Alli go back into her dressing room. I slipped out, skirt in hand, to see Angie sitting there, eyes focused on her phone.

Crap. I tried to cover my face by pretending to fix my sunglasses. I walked forward, trying to not make any noise as I walked. “Kiara?” Angie said. I peeked back to see her and snapped my head back around, briskly walking toward the cash register. I quickly bought the skirt and bolted out of the store, ignoring the odd looks I got from customers entering the store.