Dinner and a Date

Alli's POV

What do you do when your two best friends are in love, but still hate each other, and have to work together for the next three months? Cody and KiKi were driving me insane. They were both still crazy for each other but they won’t admit it.

Ugh. Stupid teen drama. I had to get Cody to change. To be himself again for Kiara’s sake. I can’t bear to see them avoid each other and not even meet eyes. I had to get them back together during this movie. And I think I may have an idea on how to do that...

Kiara’s POV

“Have everything?” Mum said as we loaded the car at 5am. “Yep,” I said, putting my makeup kit in the car. We got in the car and drove toward my dance competition. I didn’t compete on a regular basis, just whenever it was local and my schedule allowed it.

I yawned as we zoomed down the freeway to the beachfront convention center in downtown LA. LA never ceased to amaze me. It was buzzing even at 5 am. We went into the building with all of my bags and set up camp in the dressing room area.

I put on my makeup while Mum did my hair into a bun with a braid. I started my stretching because I had about two hours until I went on for my contemporary solo. 

~

I shook off the nerves as I walked to the back of the stage, facing away from the judges. The music began and I grabbed to both sides with the music. I leaped across the stage and grabbed for the person that wasn’t there.

This song always reminded me of Cody. I put all of my emotions into it as I stared into the judges eyes as I sunk to the floor. I pounded at the floor and straightened my legs as I stood again to lift my leg up into a needle and I did an aerial.

I felt tears in my eyes as I ended my song by looking back at the judges one last time before walking off. “That was entry number 34 in the senior solo division, Kiara!” The announcer said. I went backstage and went to my dressing room to change into my pointe costume. Mum came in the door and hugged me.

“Beautiful honey! That’s my favorite solo of yours,” She smiled.

“It’s mine too,” I smiled sadly. I slipped on my sheer pink leotard and tutu then tied my pointe shoes. I was warming up when Alli rushed in.

“Oh my gosh! KiKi!” She hugged me. “Hey Alls!”

“You were stunning!!! So perfect!” “Thanks, Alli! I’m so glad you came!”

“You’re so welcome! I love watching you dance! When do you go on again?” “In about an hour,” “Great! We’ll be here!” “Okay!” I hugged her again as she blew me an air kiss.

“Break a leg!” She said as she hurried out the door. I finished my warm up, happy that my best friend was here to cheer me on. Before I knew it, I was waiting off stage for my turn.

“Please welcome, number 64 in the senior solo division, Kiara!” The music started as I briśed on my pointe shoes. I turned on the box of my shoe and leapt over the stage. Before I knew it, my dance was over and I was curtsying. I ran off into the wings and hugged my mum.

“You were perfect,” She smiled, hugging me. We went back to the dressing room where I put on my company jacket and yoga pants. My choreographer, Tess, came in.

“There’s my star!” She hugged me, “You did both dances perfectly! I’m so proud of you!” “Thank you, Tess! Your choreography was amazing,” She squeezed me tightly, “Thank you, sweetie! Now we’ll see what the judges thought,” 

~

I sat on the stage with all of the other dancers as we waited for awards to begin. I sat in between two dance studios, as I had no other dancers from my studio there. I could compete because Tess wasn’t an official teacher from the LA Ballet Company.