[50] On The Road Again

.

.

  Niall Horan

.

.

  "Do I really need to be wheeled out of here?" Avery whined. I was currently pushing her out of the hospital in a wheelchair at four in the morning while she was all drugged by while she was feeling funny from all the medication.

  "We'll getcha out of that soon, 'kay babe?" I said. She murmured something under her breath and I followed behind our group to the back parking garage.

  We had decided to leave at four in the morning so we didn't cause too much commotion. There was a rental tour bus in the back parking lot for us and we would just quietly slip in and head to Motel 6. Sam wanted us to stay here because he knew that it was just outside a sleepy town and we wouldn't be mobbed there.

  Marcus was still in bad condition. By the time we figured out that he was at the same hospital as us, he was being flown over to one around a half an hour away from the Motel 6 that Avery and I stayed at where he could get more advanced treatment. Sam told us that in the morning we would go in and visit him, and we were all on edge with the knowledge that he could die.

  Avery seemed to take this the hardest. I think she thought it was all her fault, but in reality it wasn't. I had assured her that everything would be okay with him and didn't tell her how bad it was. She cried a lot and demanded for some more pain medicine, so now she was currently really drowsy and not stable.

  "Hally!" Aimee shouted through the quiet hospital hall we were in. Harry quickly shushed her and covered his hand over her mouth. 

  "You've got to be quiet, there are other patients sleeping." He whispered. "Once we leave the hospital we can talk, okay? But right now we need to use our inside voices."

  I chuckled. Harry really did have his way with kids. It seemed like everyone liked Harry, actually.

  "Alright, guys, in the parking garage just outside of these doors is the bus." Sam began, glancing around to make sure that we had everyone. It was dark inside the lobby of the hospital, but you could barely make out people's figures. "The other members of security and I will load your bags while you all get on."

  Wordlessly, I walked in front of Avery and helped her stand on her feet. The medicine had made her so drowsy to the point where she just talked nonsense, so I had to balance her against me so she'd actually stand up. It was hilarious.

  "Can I talk now?" Aimee asked once we were outside in the warm air. 

  "Yeah, you're good." Harry said. "You're getting heavy, Aims. What've you been eating?"

  "Cinnamon rolls." Aimee answered. I threw my head back and laughed at the two while keeping my arm around Avery as we walked through the parking garage toward the new rental bus. The outside was plain black and it looked like a pretty decent size.

  "C'mere, Ave." I said, helping her up the steps. Her eyelids were droopy and she didn't say a word as we climbed up into the new bus that we'd be staying in.

  The front had some nice leather couches, a kitchenette, and a small table. I could see a door in the hallway that led to what I assumed to be a bathroom, and then rows of bunks in the back. There was probably a small bedroom in the back and I hoped that Avery, Aimee, and I could stay back there.

  "Sweet," I heard Zayn say from behind me. "I call a bottom bunk."

  "Good, because I want a top bunk." Louis laughed.