[7] Safe Haven

ON THE SIDE IS A TRAILER THAT I RANDOMLY FOUND ON YOUTUBE AND I AM SO IN LOVE WITH IT. IF YOU KNOW THE GIRL THAT MADE THIS TRAILER, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHO IT IS SO I CAN FOLLOW THEM AND GIVE THEM ALL MY THANKS.

It's such a beautiful trailer, I can't even. I can't stop watching it, and I hope you'll feel the same.

UPDATE: HER NAME IS wildesstdreams. thank you guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avery Holmes

The following morning, after a night full of tossing and turning and plenty of second guessing, I woke up to Aimee curled up on my chest. I faintly smiled and rubbed her back as she slipped her thumb into her mouth, finally starting to wake up.

"I told Niall that you were my baby, baby." I whisper to her. Sleepily, she nods and rubs her eyes. I hold her close to my chest, feeling her slow heartbeat. "And he isn't mad, okay? He wants to be your friend."

Again, probably barely understanding, she nodded and yawned, falling off my lap and landing with a soft thud on the carpet. I giggled and stretched, looking out the back window. Sun was already streaming in, it must've been a bit past eight.

I managed to find a rerun of Arthur for Aimee to watch as I went over to our makeshift kitchen, which was basically the contents of our rations spread on the t.v table. To Aimee, this was somewhat of an adventure, but to me it was chaos. A mess.

Last night I had found myself doubting everything. Sure, back home would be rough for me. But we at least had a proper home and a pantry full of food. Now, all we had was enough to make some sandwiches and some boxes of cereal.

But then I think of the drunken nights, which were most nights. I was miserable in my own home, hating myself to the deepest core because of what Jake put me through. I still had thoughts of why I let it all happen, like it was all my fault. And maybe it was, maybe there could've been something that I could have done. Maybe, if I was good enough for him, right now he'd be holding me in our big bed and kissing my forehead.

"Mommy, I want Cocoa Puffs." Aimee burst through my thoughts, pointing to the little brown box. I nodded, but then realized that we didn't even have bowls. I groaned in frustration, running a hand through my hair. This was totally impossible and insane. Why did I think that I could do this?

"Sure, just hold on. First, I need to go to the bathroom." I noted, walking over to the bathroom. When I came back into the bedroom, Aimee was already sifting through the box of Cocoa Puffs, so I let her go at it. It wasn't like I had anything she could use to feed herself.

There was a knock at the door, and I smiled slightly. Aimee froze and her eyebrows shot up, obviously waiting to see who it was. Of course, I knew that it would be my new found friend, Niall.

I fixed my hair, and then realized that I hadn't done anything to get myself ready, but it was a tad bit late right now. I sighed and opened the door, but when I opened it, Niall wasn't standing there. It was Shirley, the sweet woman from the front desk. I tried not to look very disappointed.

"Hiya, honey!" She smiled, smoke from her clothes wafting in the room.

"Good morning, Shirley." I smiled, and she quickly pulled me in for a hug.

"I just want to let you know that the official check out time is ten a.m, so if you decide to stay past then I'll have to charge ya for an extra day." She said sadly. "I'm sad you're leaving so soon!"

I frowned, completely clueless. What the hell was she talking about?

"And listen, this room is the cheapest and it's being booked, I think the couple that are staying here will come around supper. So I'll just give ya until then so you don't have to rush with the little one. Does that sound alright?"